2310 North Park Dr. # 238
Brampton ON L6X 0Z9
Central Brampton Family Health Team
Nurse Practitioner-Full Time 1 Year Contract
The Central Brampton Family Health Team (CBFHT) is an inter-professional primary care (IPC) team It provides healthcare capacity through a team-based accessible approach to care. IPC overall goal is to target specific health needs within the community served through the implementation of programs with a focus on mental health, senior wellness, diabetes, and other programs.
CBFHT is currently recruiting a dedicated Nurse Practitioner for a 1-year coverage who has a keen interest in chronic disease management (hypertension, lung health), a strong background in geriatric medicine/senior wellness, and the ability to work in collaboration with Central Brampton FHT full Interprofessional Healthcare Provider (IHP) Team.
The NP will participate in the development, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of health prevention programs at CBFHT. The Nurse practitioner will share their expertise and provide a range of independent and collaborative advanced nursing care and knowledge of health promotion, disease prevention, senior wellness, and chronic disease management with referring primary care providers and their patients.
Experience in current Chronic Disease Management and Geriatric Wellness are preferred.
- Perform individual assessment, diagnosis, treatment, health education/counseling, and other clinical activities according to CNO standards of practice for RN (EC).
- Provide care to patients referred to CBFHT following guidelines for health promotion, disease prevention, chronic disease management, and geriatric care
- Consult as appropriate, with members of an interdisciplinary team, referring primary care provider, the local hospital, community care
- partners, specialists, and the surrounding community to assess, plan, implement, evaluate, and coordinate a patient’s plan of care and treatment
- Ability to provide support to families and patients through the utilization of community partners and resources
- Understand the importance of building relationships with community partners such as First Link, Home, and Community Care and local geriatricians
- Ensures continuity of care by maintaining accurate up-to-date clinical records, being available to consult with a primary care provider, monitoring patients on a regular basis, and case conferences with members of the CBFHT team as required
- Increase access to enhanced assessment, diagnosis, and treatment within the community and/or target population
- Advocate, educate, lead, provide mentorship, and consult as needed
- Actively participates in staff and team meetings as appropriate to facilitate program development and implementation
- Works collaboratively with other team members to manage the needs of patients
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent critical thinking, problem-solving, and organizational abilities
Diagnostic Skills and Knowledge
- Experience in administering and interpreting cognitive tests such as MoCA, RUDAS, Trails A, Trails B
- Ability to perform in-depth holistic patient/family assessments, plan, implement, and evaluate care for complex care situations, and guide interdisciplinary team members in care planning.
- Ability to synthesize a comprehensive geriatric consult note reflective of the completed geriatric and cognitive assessments
- Monitor the ongoing therapy/intervention of patients with Dementia through scheduled follow-up appointments
- Knowledge of Advanced Care Planning, Advanced Care Planning training an asset
- Able to communicate with patients, their families, and other relevant individuals in order to follow through with the care plan
- Provide clinical advice and support for families living with or caring for a person with dementia
- Experience in managing and monitoring patients with hypertension
- Experience in managing and monitoring patients with respiratory conditions
- Current extended class certificate and registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario as a Nurse Practitioner-Primary Health Care (NP-PHC)
- Graduate of a recognized Primary Health Care Nurse Practitioner program
- Candidates require a minimum of 2-3 years of clinical experience as a Registered Nurse preferably within a multidisciplinary primary care setting
- New NP graduates are welcome
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong clinical and effective time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively as a member of an interdisciplinary team
- Excellent health assessment skills, clinical judgment, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Some experience with Geriatric assessments and programs
- Liability protection through the Canadian Nurses Protective Society (CNPS)
- Proficiency in the use of the computer including Microsoft and Excel
- Prior experience and knowledge of electronic medical record system preferably Oscar
- Multi-tasking skills required, having the ability to share information and teach while treating a patient.
- Proof of up-to-date vaccinations and/or proof of immunity. Required vaccinations include MMR (measles, mumps, and rubella), tetanus, hepatitis B, and COVID-19 (two doses)
The Central Brampton Family Health Team (CBFHT) supports diversity, equity, and a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. They encourage applications from all qualified candidates, including women, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples, and disabled persons. CBFHT is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for a disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please advise their Human Resources Manager. Personal information contained in applications will be used for recruitment purposes and collected as per the Freedom of Information (F.O.I.) and Protection of Privacy Act, 1987.
Job Types: Full-time, 1 Year coverage
- 8-hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
Brampton, ON L6S 0C9: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Nursing: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person
How to Apply
Interested, qualified candidates should send their current resume and cover letter to Elvira Trichilo, Human Resource Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for expressing interest in this position; however, only those selected for an interview will be conducted.
The Central Brampton Family Health Team (CBFHT) supports diversity, equity, and a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates, including women, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples, and disabled persons. CBFHT is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act(‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for a disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please advise our Human Resources Manager. Personal information contained in applications will be used for recruitment purposes and collected as per the Freedom of Information (F.O.I.) and Protection of Privacy Act,1987.