Supporting high-quality interprofessional primary care
AFHTO members provide comprehensive primary health care to over 3 million patients. That’s nearly a quarter of all Ontarians.
Who can be an AFHTO member?
An organization is eligible to become an AFHTO member if it:
- Provides comprehensive primary care
- Is interprofessional and team-based
- Has an administrative structure/agreement that coordinates the relationship among team members
- Operates in and is primarily funded by the Province of Ontario
AFHTO’s membership includes Family Health Teams, Nurse Practitioner-Led Clinics and other interprofessional primary care organizations.
Primary care teams show the whole is greater than the sum of its parts, such as:
- Belleville NPLC – won a Bright Lights award in 2017 for successfully implementing a new interprofessional approach to managing low back pain
- Prince Edward FHT – won a Bright Lights award in 2015 for keeping patients out of the hospital
- Marathon FHT – won a Bright Lights in 2018 for reducing opioid prescribing and increasing the number of patients receiving treatment for addiction
To learn more about our members, explore their stories.