Partnerships and Committees
AFHTO is pleased to be part of several different partnerships and working with various partners in areas of interest and priorities for our members. Collectively, we're working together to ensure the voice of primary care remains strong, especially as we undergo health system reform.
Though our partners are plentiful, these are a few to highlight:
- Primary Care Collaborative, consisting of the Alliance for Healthier Communities (AHC), AFHTO, Indigenous Primary Health Care Council (IPHCC), Nurse Practitioner-led Clinic Association (NPLCA), Ontario College of Family Physicians (OCFP) and the Section of General and Family Practice (SGFP)
- Primary Care Mental Health and Addictions Working Group, chaired by CMHA Ontario, and including AFHTO, AHC, Nurse Practitioners’ Association of Ontario (NPAO), Ontario College of Family Physicians (OCFP), AMHO and Children’s Mental Health Ontario (CMHO)
- Ontario Health (Health Quality Ontario) led initiatives including:
- Opioids Partners Table
- Quality Advisory Committee
- COVID@Home and Primary Care Vaccination Communities of Practice
- OCFP and Ontario Medical Association Section of General and Family Practice (SGFP) informal partnership to ensure the voice of family physicians are cohesive and strong
- BETTER Expert Panel, a jurisdictional initiative led by the Canadian Partnership Against Cancer, made up of experts in Ontario, Alberta and Newfoundland
- Picking up the PACE (smoking cessation) Advisory Board, led by Dr. Peter Selby of CAMH and a number of stakeholders across the health care spectrum
- Hospice Palliative Care Ontario Partners Table led by Hospice Palliative Care Ontario and many stakeholders that include palliative care in their scope of work
- Ontario Lung Association Primary Care Asthma Program Committee and Respiratory eHealth Advisory Committee
- …and many more too numerous to count!