Featuring Bee Quammie
The Power and Pitfalls of Resilience
What if we didn’t need to be so resilient? Bee Quammie takes a new approach to addressing resilience by outlining the ongoing need to do the work for each other so that there are fewer obstacles to face that require such perseverance.
While it’s meaningful to celebrate the resilience of individuals, we must also push for change in the systems and norms that have made resilience a necessity for many. Full description here.
- Oct. 11- Q&A with Fernando Tavares, Primary Health Care Branch, Ministry of Health- for EDs and Admin Leads
- Oct. 12- C3-c - Why Develop Guidance for the Clinically Appropriate Use of Virtual Care in Primary Care?
Hotel deadline Sep. 19
A block of rooms at the Sheraton has been set aside at a discounted rate. Book by September 19th to take advantage of the $285 group rate (plus tax, single/double occupancy); after this date, availability and prices cannot be guaranteed. Click here to book online.
Program host and other volunteer opportunities
One of our program hosts had to cancel so we have an opening! These volunteers help keep our sessions on track and get complimentary registration in return. See the role description here and email firstname.lastname@example.org if you’re interested.
We also have volunteer opportunities onsite for deeply discounted registration, such as registration desk, attendee assistance at breakfast and lunch and wayfinding. Email us for more information.
- AFHTO "Bright Light" Awards Ceremony – Awards will be presented at lunchtime on October 12, 2022, for a celebration recognising the outstanding patient-centred care interprofessional primary care teams across Ontario deliver. Sponsored by Boehringer Ingelheim.
- Fifteen concurrent sessions and over 50 posters in 4 core streams from diverse organisations, highlighting best practices and innovations in primary health care.
- On- demand sessions for those who can’t get enough content and those tuning in from home
- Networking+ sessions
- … and more! See the Conference Schedule Conference Schedule for the current agenda.
We’ll also release more information about other sessions so stay tuned!
- Register an individual or team for the conference
- Early-bird registration closes September 28, 2022.
- Members get more than 50% off registration. Concurrent session speakers and planning committee members are also eligible for additional discounts
- Find out more about registration fees and discounts
- Reserve a room at the preferred group rate at Sheraton Centre Toronto
- Book discounted travel arrangements with Air Canada and/or VIA Rail Canada (Porter pending)
- Conference and registration FAQs
Patients and students welcome! For general information, you can visit our conference page.
We look forward to seeing you at the AFHTO 2022 Conference!