Shine a light on your team’s achievements.
AFHTO’s “Bright Lights” Awards recognize AFHTO members’ leadership, outstanding work and the significant progress being made to improve the value interprofessional primary care teams across Ontario deliver.
Bright Lights Award recipients are:
- Innovators – making small changes for maximum impact to improve patient experience and outcomes
- Team Players – interprofessional teams, collaborators and relationship builders
- Demonstrating Impact – can show how their work is benefitting the health care system
Awards will be presented at the AFHTO 2022 Conference Awards ceremony, which will be held at lunchtime on October 12, 2022.
For a program, initiative or individual to be eligible for a Bright Lights award, they must fulfil the following criteria:
- Programs or initiatives must be undertaken by an AFHTO member. If the nomination involves a team’s partners, the work must either be led by an AFHTO member or they otherwise play an integral role.
- Programs or initiatives that have previously won a Bright Lights award are no longer eligible, whether in their original or expanded model.
- Individuals must be staff or affiliated with an AFHTO member and the nomination must be for work they’ve performed in their capacity as such.
Awards will be presented in five categories this year:
- It takes a team: collaboration inside and out
- Health equity at the centre
- Sustainable solutions to primary care problems
- Mental health and addictions
- Special recognition for underrepresented teams
- In 2019 Trent Hills FHT won special recognition for providing better care for rural children . This year all new/underrepresented primary care teams again can win an award for their contributions to Ontario’s healthcare system. The winner(s) will be selected based on the strength of their nomination to one of the four categories above.
Education grants will be given to award recipients in the categories above thanks to the generous donations of our sponsor Boehringer Ingelheim.
We look forward to seeing your nominations and recognizing ALL the excellent work being done!
Presented with the support of:
Past Award Winners
Congratulations again to all the past winners of our “Bright Lights” Awards! To learn more about past “Bright Lights” Awards winners and their accomplishments, please visit the links below:
- 2021 Bright Lights Award Winners
- 2020 Bright Lights Award Winners
- 2019 Bright Lights Award Winners
- 2018 Bright Lights Award Winners
- 2017 Bright Lights Award Winners
- 2016 Bright Lights Award Winners
- 2015 Bright Lights Award Winners
- 2014 Bright Lights Award Winners
- 2013 Bright Lights Award Winners
- 2012 Bright Lights Award Winners
Online Hall of Fame
We are shining more light on all the "Bright Lights" nominees! You can see the nomination through the online hall of fame: