Reconnect and Reimagine: moving forward together
Primary care is the foundation of a high performing health system. This simple truth has been asserted and backed up by evidence again and again. But even self-evident truths can find it hard to gain traction in established systems. Unwieldy ships do not turn easily, even those prone to reform attempts which stall due to factors including built-in resistance to change and fragmentation. Over the past couple of years, we have seen the predictable results as the ship gets hit repeatedly by centennial waves.
But if we have seen the results, we have also seen better possibilities, better futures. We have seen what proactive, responsive, and collaborative action can do. Team-based primary care and partners have stepped up, crew in a ship we need to steer towards safer shores. To do this we need to reconnect and reimagine, moving forward together.
Registration is now open!
- Register an individual or team for the conference
- Early-bird registration closes September 28, 2022.
- Members get more than 50% off registration. Concurrent session speakers and planning committee members are also eligible for additional discounts
- Find out more about registration fees and discounts
- Reserve a room at the preferred group rate at Sheraton Centre Toronto
- Book discounted travel arrangements with Air Canada and/or VIA Rail Canada (Porter pending)
- Conference and registration FAQs
See our schedule for current information on our detailed and varied conference program.
Sponsorship and Exhibitor Opportunities
Increase your corporate visibility with leaders from primary care organizations across Ontario by sponsoring at the AFHTO 2022 Conference.
Conference key dates*:
- July 11, 2022- Conference registration opens
- July 15, 2022 - Deadline for Bright Lights nominations
- September 28, 2022 - Early bird registration deadline
- October 12, 2022- AFHTO 2022 Conference
* The conference date is set but all other dates are subject to change as needed.
AFHTO is committed to the health and safety of conference attendees. Given the continued uncertainty and risk, we will be taking all steps available to us to ensure a safe and healthy environment. We will be strongly encouraging all participants to take such steps alongside AFHTO staff and volunteers, including wearing high quality masks in indoor areas, COVID-19 vaccination, and physical distancing. While no environment can eliminate risk, we will do the utmost to update you as information evolves, so that we can all take the necessary steps to keep each other safe. For more information on the venue’s measures, please visit here.
Future AFHTO Conferences:
For the forward planners, AFHTO’s conference dates for future years are listed below.
- October 25, 2023