AFHTO 2022 Conference Hybrid Event FAQ
The event landscape has changed so the AFHTO conference has changed. We’re thrilled to have our first hybrid annual conference to continue to inspire the primary care community. Join your colleagues on a journey through learning and connecting. AFHTO proudly presents, Reconnect and Reimagine: Moving Forward Together.
Here you’ll find all the information you need on what to expect and how to prepare for the conference. We will update this page as the program develops and additional information becomes available. If you don’t see an answer to your question below, contact us at email@example.com.
• Conference Registration
• Going Hybrid
• Conference Program
• Concurrent Session Presenters
• Poster Presentations
• Accommodation and Directions
1. How do I register for the conference?
Click here to register for the AFHTO 2022 Conference.
2. What are the conference registration fees?
- You can find all registration fees here.
- 13% HST will be added to all charges
- All charges are in Canadian Dollars (CAD)
- *Early-Bird registration ends September 28, 2022
3. How do I pay for the conference?
- We accept payment by electronic transfer, credit card (Visa or MasterCard) or cheque. (electronic and credit card payments are preferred).
- Payment in full is required prior to the conference
- Payment for early registrations must be received on or before the deadline (September 28, 2022). Registrations unpaid by that date will be adjusted to reflect full registration prices.
- Credit card and bank statements will reflect the registration management provider: Mosaic Event & Travel Management
4. What do you get with registration?
- In-person conference registration includes access to conference sessions, the Bright Lights awards ceremony, webcasts, podcasts, and posters, exhibition floor and networking areas. The Annual General Meeting is also included for members, as appropriate. Virtual attendees will have access to live stream of the opening and closing plenary sessions and the Bright lights Awards Ceremony, sponsored by Boehringer Ingleheim. Attendees will also have access to select on-demand presentations.
5. What is the cost of the in-person event vs virtual event?
- The cost of the virtual event is significantly lower than the price for the in-person event but delivers high value with valuable content. Take advantage of the pre-conference rate (purchases up to September 28th) for the best pricing.
6. How can I access the AFHTO membership discount?
- AFHTO members are eligible for the AFHTO membership rate. A code (sent by email to all members who have paid 2022-2023 membership fees in full) will be required to receive the membership rate. If you do not know your organization’s access code, please contact your administrator or regAFHTO@mosaicevents.ca
7. Is there a special conference rate for students?
- A limited number of student registrations are available at a subsidized rate. Once these are filled, you can request to be added to a waitlist by contacting regAFHTO@mosaicevents.ca.
- Students may be required to show student ID at check-in.
8. Is there a special conference rate for patients?
- Patient registrations are available at a subsidized rate for patients affiliated with member teams. For information on discounted pricing please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. What other registration discounts are available?
- Aside from the membership discount-
- Speakers: A $35 discount is provided to a maximum of 2 concurrent session presenters per concurrent session.
- Volunteers: All concurrent session working group members, ‘onsite’ volunteers and awards review committee members also receive a $35 discount
- The discount can be combined for those who contribute in more than one capacity (e.g. a presenter who also serves on the awards review committee would receive a $70 discount).
10. I’m not an AFHTO member; can I still come to the conference?
- Yes, non-members can register and will pay the non-member registration fee (listed here). We welcome you to attend!
11. Can I register more than one person at the same time?
- Yes, you can register multiple people at the same time using the conference registration website: https://events.myconferencesuite.com/AFHTO_2022_Registration/reg/landing
- If you are registering multiple people and would like all registrations on a single invoice or payment, you can process them as a group. A complete registration form is required for each person - after completing details for the first registrant, you may add additional people to the group prior to the payment page, using the 'register another' button on the summary page for each registrant. The first registrant entered will be the primary for the group and invoicing.
- Group registrations will be processed as a single invoice and payment (receipt); the first registrant will become the primary record and the total fees for all registrants in the group will be charged to this record. For individual invoices or receipts, please register each person separately.
- Student Registration cannot be processed as part of a group invoice.
12. Do I have to choose concurrent sessions when I register?
- Session selection is part of the registration form. Sessions will fill up, so we encourage you to make your selections at the time of registration, but this does not need to be completed during the initial registration process. You may return at any time to choose/edit session selections by clicking the link in the confirmation email.
- Don't delay too long or sessions may fill and be sure to select your concurrent sessions by September 4 to ensure your agenda is included in your registration kit.
13. How do I confirm that I am registered for the conference?
- Upon completion of registration, an email will be sent to the address(es) entered in the registration form to confirm the registration. Invoices and/or receipts are available within the email. If you require the confirmation email to be resent or require assistance updating your registration, contact regAFHTO@mosaicevents.ca or 1-888-245-4634.
14. How do I make a change to my registration?
- Registration details can be changed online. Click the link in the confirmation email or return to the registration form and click on the ‘modify existing registration’ button. Use the email address on the registration and the confirmation number in the confirmation email to enter the registration. If you require the confirmation email to be resent or require assistance updating your registration, contact regAFHTO@mosaicevents.ca or 1-888-245-4634.
15. How do I cancel my registration?
- All cancellations received on or before September 28th, 2022, will be refunded, minus a $40 administrative fee. No refunds will be provided after September 28th, 2022.
- Registrations are fully transferrable. To substitute an attendee and change the name on a registration, click on the link in the confirmation email or send a written request to regAFHTO@mosaicevents.ca.
- To cancel your registration, please submit a written request to regAFHTO@mosaicevents.ca.
16. I’ve missed the cancellation deadline; can I transfer my registration?
- Registrations are fully transferrable to another person. To substitute an attendee and change the name on a registration, click on the link in the confirmation email or send a written request to regAFHTO@mosaicevents.ca.
Neither AFHTO nor Mosaic Event & Travel Management will transfer any fee or payment balances. It is up to the delegate and their replacement to manage any transfer payments between themselves.
17. Can you describe what you mean by a hybrid conference?
- Given the changing nature of COVID-19, we have decided to have a hybrid conference while keeping in mind the public health protocols and guidelines. We are closely monitoring COVID-19 and protocols and we are prepared to switch to a fully virtual conference (though we hope not) should we need to do so. In the event of a fully virtual event, we will inform everyone immediately but plan to proceed with a mix of in-person and virtual models. All posters will be available online as well as most posters in-person, offering you an opportunity to ask questions of the presenter(s).
- In-person conference registration includes access to conference sessions, the Bright Lights awards ceremony, webcasts, podcasts, and posters, exhibition floor and networking areas. The Annual General Meeting is also included for members (voting delegates limited to Leadership Triad of member teams). Virtual attendees will have access to live stream of the opening and closing plenary sessions and the Bright lights Awards Ceremony, sponsored by Boehringer Ingleheim. Attendees will also have access to select on-demand presentations.
18. How will Public Health Protocols be enforced at the in-person AFHTO Conference?
- AFHTO is committed to the health and safety of conference attendees. Given the continued uncertainty and risk, we will be taking all steps available to us to ensure a safe and healthy environment. We will be strongly encouraging all participants to take such steps alongside AFHTO staff and volunteers, including wearing high quality masks in indoor areas, COVID-19 vaccination, and physical distancing. While no environment can eliminate risk, we will do the utmost to update you as information evolves, so that we can all take the necessary steps to keep each other safe. For more information on the venue’s measures, please visit here.
19. How do I log into a virtual event on the day of the event?
- You will receive an email with a link to log on to the virtual event from your home computer, laptop, or smartphone. Log on credentials are unique for each person and cannot be shared.
20. Will I have to download extra software?
- No special software will be required to access the conference, the event will run on your web browser. You may have to sign up to certain services to access the sessions, but these will be free at the point of use. Further instructions will be given upon entry.
For the best experience, we suggest using a desktop or laptop computer and the Chrome internet browser.
21. Can I record or take photos of the presentations?
- AFHTO provides a means to share, publish, and collaborate on the latest developments in primary care research and applications. By registering for a virtually hosted AFHTO conference, you agree to not record, screen capture, or in any way reproduce material presented. Abstracts will be publicly available. Presentation materials (audio and visual) are intellectual properties of the authors and should not be disseminated, in any way, by registrants. We thank you for respecting the work of the presenters and keeping it confidential.
22. If the hybrid conference is a success, will the conference remain hybrid?
- This is our first hybrid conference so we will evaluate and plan for future conferences regarding any changes in format.
23. What is a concurrent session?
- In each Concurrent Session, different presentations will run at the same time in. Registered delegates can attend any session they choose as long as they have registered for that portion of the program.
- These sessions fall under four thematic streams that will help you to learn what inter-professional primary care organizations are doing to improve the value they deliver. Presentations for each theme were selected by working groups based on their usefulness and relevance to other teams, their evidence of value, and the degree to which the ideas are innovative.
24. How long are concurrent sessions?
- Concurrent Sessions are 45 minutes long.
25. What do the numbers mean before each concurrent session?
- Each session is identified by a unique code indicating its timeslot (letter) and theme (number). Sessions from the same theme and in the same timeslot are further identified by a letter at the end.
- Example: B3-a is in Concurrent Session B, Theme 3 and is the first presentation from that theme during that session.
26. Can I change my selections for the concurrent sessions?
- Yes, you can log back into the registration website, after registration is completed, by clicking the link in the confirmation email.
27. Will the presentations from the concurrent sessions be available after the conference?
- All presenters are requested to give a copy of their slides to AFHTO. These will be posted on the AFHTO members-only website after the conference.
28. Is this an education accredited conference?
- Accreditation will be sought for this program. Further details will be announced closer to the conference.
Concurrent Session Presenters
29. Do I have to register and pay for the conference?
- Yes, AFHTO’s policy is that all who attend the AFHTO conference, including speakers, must register for the conference at the appropriate rate.
30. Is there a special conference fee for speakers?
- A $35 discount is provided to concurrent session presenters (max. 2 per session), concurrent session working group members, registration desk volunteers and awards review committee members. Unfortunately, there is no discounted rate for poster presenters.
31. How do I make a change to my presentation information (e.g., title, abstract, presenters)?
- Email email@example.com with your concurrent session title, unique numeric code and the change needed. It may take several days for changes to appear on the AFHTO or conference registration websites once they’re published.
32. What do I need to do before the conference?
- Register for the conference at the appropriate rate.
- Submit your presentation PowerPoint slides 2 weeks before the conference on September 28th, 2022. You will receive a follow-up e-mail reminding you of this deadline.
- More presenter information is available here.
33. What room will I be presenting in?
- Concurrent sessions have not been assigned rooms yet. You will be notified of your room assignment via e-mail.
34. Is/will there be a template AFHTO PowerPoint presentation deck we should use, or can we use our own branded template?
- All presenters are to provide their own branded template.
35. Are there any suggestions/limitations on the timing and presentation format (presentation, Q&As, etc.)?
- The format and time allocation are left to the presenter(s) unless otherwise specified in your confirmation email. However, we do suggest offering at least 10-15 minutes for Q&A.
36. Do I have to register and pay for the conference?
- Yes, AFHTO’s policy is that all who attend the AFHTO conference, including poster presenters, must register for the conference at the appropriate rate.
37. Is there a special conference fee for poster presenters?
- Unfortunately, there is no discounted rate for poster presenters.
38. How do I make a change to my presentation information (i.e., title, abstract, presenters)?
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your title and the change needed.
39. What do I need to do before the conference?
- Register for the conference at the appropriate rate.
- Submit your poster PDF 2 weeks before the conference on September 28th, 2022. You will receive a follow-up e-mail reminding you of this deadline.
- More presenter information will be released soon.
40. What is the maximum poster size?
- The maximum size for posters is 46” (vertical) x 70” (horizontal).
41. When will posters be displayed at the conference?
- Posters are to be put into place before 7:45 AM on Wednesday, October 12, 2022, and removed by 6:00 PM that same day.
42. How do I get more information?
- Still have questions? Contact us at email@example.com.
Accommodation and Directions
43. How do I book a hotel room for the conference?
- A block of rooms at the Sheraton has been set aside at a discounted rate. Book by September 26th, 2022, to take advantage of the $285 group rate (plus tax, single/double occupancy); after this date, availability and prices cannot be guaranteed. Click here to book online.
44. How do I get to the conference?
- The conference is at the Sheraton Centre Toronto Hotel, 123 Queen Street West Toronto, Ontario M5H 2M9
MAINTENANCE OF CERTIFICATION
Attendance at this program entitles certified Canadian College of Health Leaders members (CHE / Fellow) to:
- Full conference, 2.5 Category II credits
- On-demand sessions, maximum of 2.75 Category II credits*
towards their maintenance of certification requirement.
* Pre-recorded on-demand sessions will accrue the following MOC II credits:
• 1 session = 0.25
• 2 sessions = 0.75
• 3 sessions = 1.25
• 4 sessions = 1.5
• 5 sessions = 2
• 6 sessions = 2.25
• 7 sessions = 2.75
This Group Learning program has been reviewed by the College of Family Physicians of Canada and is awaiting final certification by the College’s Ontario Chapter.