Featuring Dr. Thomas Bodenheimer
Thomas Bodenheimer MD, MPH is a general internist who received his medical degree at Harvard and completed his residency at UCSF. He spent 32 years in full-time primary care practice in San Francisco's Mission District – 10 years in community health centers and 22 years in private practice.
He is currently Professor Emeritus of Family and Community Medicine at University of California, San Francisco, and Founding Director of the Center for Excellence in Primary Care (CEPC). He is co-author of Understanding Health Policy, 8th Edition, 2020, and Improving Primary Care, 2006 (both McGraw-Hill).
His work includes both foundational pieces for team-based care and new relevant information. We’re finalising the content for the opening plenary. What would you like him to use as the foundation? Vote below! (Deadline Tuesday, Aug. 9, 9:00 am)
- The 10 Building Blocks of High-Performing Primary Care
- From Triple to Quadruple Aim: Care of the Patient Requires Care of the Provider
- Primary care is no longer doable without a team
- Anatomy and Physiology of Primary Care Teams
- Combination of some of the above
Hotel deadline Sep. 19
A block of rooms at the Sheraton has been set aside at a discounted rate. Book by September 19th to take advantage of the $285 group rate (plus tax, single/double occupancy); after this date, availability and prices cannot be guaranteed. Click here to book online.
- AFHTO "Bright Light" Awards Ceremony – Awards will be presented at lunchtime on October 12, 2022, for a celebration recognising the outstanding patient-centred care interprofessional primary care teams across Ontario deliver.
- Fifteen concurrent sessions and over 50 posters in 4 core streams from diverse organisations, highlighting best practices and innovations in primary health care.
- On- demand sessions for those who can’t get enough content and those tuning in from home
- Networking sessions
- … and more! See the Conference Schedule Conference Schedule for the current agenda.
We’ll also release more information about other sessions throughout the summer so stay tuned!
Patients and students welcome! For general information, you can visit our conference page.
We look forward to seeing you at the AFHTO 2022 Conference!