Featuring Dr. Tara Kiran
Opening Plenary- Team-based care for all: Patient and Public Perspectives on the future of primary care
In 2022, Dr. Kiran launched OurCare, the largest effort to engage the public on the future of primary care in Canadian history. She will present key findings from the OurCare national survey on patient’s experiences, preferences, and priorities for primary care.
She will also share findings from in-depth public dialogues in Ontario, sharing values and recommendations that the public agree on, including views on team-based care and specific perspectives of marginalized groups. Find out more.
Don't forget to vote – which concurrent session should be livestreamed at the conference?
This year, in addition to our plenaries and awards ceremony, we’ll livestream one concurrent session per timeslot (descriptions here) for our virtual attendees, for a total of three sessions. But we need you to help us decide!
Pick your favourite sessions by Aug. 31. The winners will be streamed from the main ballroom.
- AFHTO "Bright Lights" Awards Ceremony – Awards will be presented at lunchtime on October 25, 2023, for a celebration recognising the outstanding patient-centred care interprofessional primary care teams across Ontario deliver.
- Fifteen concurrent sessions and up to 41 posters in 4 core streams from diverse organisations, highlighting best practices and innovations in primary health care.
- On- demand sessions for those who can’t get enough content and those tuning in from home
- Networking sessions
- Closing Plenary- Many Hands, One Goal: Five everyday personal practices to elevate team-based success.
- … and more! See the Conference Schedule for the current agenda.
We’ll also release more information about other sessions throughout the summer so stay tuned!
Patients and students welcome! For general information, you can visit our conference page.
We look forward to seeing you at the AFHTO 2023 Conference!