It’s now less than one week to the AFHTO 2019 Conference on September 19 & 20! We look forward to seeing you all as we welcome delegates from across the province.
Fireside Chat Update
Our fireside chat with Deputy Minister Helen Angus has now been approved for Mainpro+ accreditation. This is a great opportunity to hear the Deputy speak about Ontario Health and the formation of Ontario Health Teams in this time of health system transformation.
If you haven’t registered for it yet, you can add it by clicking on the link in your confirmation email to modify your registration.
And to ensure a smooth experience, please see below for some helpful tips for planning your arrival and stay at the conference:
Planning your Conference Experience
- The conference program is available online and a printed kit will be handed out on arrival.
- Displays at the Conference: Feel free to visit our poster and exhibit displays during your breaks. We have truffles and other treats at the booths too!
- Wi-Fi will be available to conference attendees for 1 device per person (smartphone, tablet, computer or other electronic device).
- For information on our Concurrent Sessions, Opening and Closing Plenaries, Bright Lights Awards, and all other conference sessions please visit our website.
- EMR Session attendees- don’t forget to hand in your evaluations at the end of the session for the chance to get your coffee vouchers!
Early On-site Registration open from 4:00 – 7:00 pm on Sep. 18
- Early arrivals can get a head start on their conference experience by picking up their badges on Wednesday evening in the main lobby.
- Registration also opens at 8:00 AM on Sep. 19 and 7:30 AM on Sep. 20.
- Conference registration is in Convention Centre North, Second Floor. For a map of the convention centre, see page 4 of the registration kit.
- If you can no longer attend the conference and someone else is taking your place, please forward your registration confirmation e-mail to them to show it at the registration desk.
- If you’re a voting delegate for the AGM, you can now pick up your badge and registration package on Wednesday or at the AGM itself.
DEEP discount available – if you’d like up to 50% off your current registration, volunteer roles are still up for grabs, including spots at the registration desk, breakfast and lunch assistance and helping your peers find their way. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details asap.
Sharing your AFHTO experience
- The official AFHTO Conference hashtag is #AFHTO2019 - be sure to follow @afhto on twitter and “like” AFHTO on Facebook for regular updates at the conference.
Hotel Registration, Directions & Rate Changes
- Hotel room registration is in the main building.
- Check-in is at 3:00 PM and check-out is at 12:00 PM.
From Pearson Airport & Billy Bishop
Around Toronto and the GTA
- Maps and driving directions to the Westin Harbour Castle
- Downtown Toronto Parking
- Toronto Transit Commission (TTC)
- GO Transit
We look forward to seeing you at the AFHTO 2019 Conference!
This Group Learning program has been certified by the College of Family Physicians of Canada and the Ontario Chapter for up to 12.50 Mainpro+ credits.
MAINTENANCE OF CERTIFICATION
Attendance at this program entitles certified Canadian College of Health Leaders members (CHE / Fellow) to 6.5 Category II credits towards their maintenance of certification requirement.