Canadians believe that healthcare is a right- it’s core to our national identity. Despite this core belief, access to healthcare in Ontario, and across other provinces, is inequitable. This inequity in access extends to primary care, the foundation of the healthcare system. The academic literature, along with health systems reporting, echo the anecdotal evidence from our communities – there isn’t enough healthcare to go around. This reality has significant implications for patients, family members, providers, and the system.
While it may feel as though little has changed to address health system challenges in recent years, the voices of our communities and providers have gotten louder and are speaking together. These voices are unequivocally calling for team-based care. Primary care teams and broader partnerships between healthcare providers, municipalities, and others, are more focused on treating the whole patient than ever before. Government is listening and realizing the opportunity to take bold action.
- Register an individual or team for the conference
- Early-bird registration closes October 3, 2023.
- Members get more than 50% off registration. Concurrent session speakers and planning committee members are also eligible for additional discounts
- Find out more about registration fees and discounts
- Reserve a room at the preferred group rate at Sheraton Centre Toronto
- Book discounted travel arrangements with Air Canada (others pending)
- Conference and registration FAQs
We look forward to seeing you at the AFHTO 2023 Conference!