AFHTO 2019 Conference
Health System Integration Built on the Foundation of Team-Based Primary Health Care
Play a vital role in shaping the conference by joining a working group today. Come behind the scenes and be the first to learn about new developments in the field, influence conference programming and discover the latest innovators in your areas of interest. Working group members also receive a $50 discount off their registration fee.
Please extend this invitation along to your patients, colleagues and staff. Having diverse voices, especially patients, in the working groups helps us build a varied and relevant program.
We’re setting up working groups for each of the six concurrent streams and for the Bright Lights Awards program. The six concurrent streams will focus on:
- Access to care: improving access to team-based care
- Continuous care: ensuring seamless transitions for patients across the continuum of care
- Comprehensive team-based care
- Patient and family-centred care
- Community and social accountability
- Enabling high -performing primary health care
Working Group Details
Concurrent program working group members:
The task requires a total of 4-10 hours of effort between April and May, specifically:
- March 27 to April 24: AFHTO staff will manage the call for proposals process.
- Week of April 8: working groups will have an initial teleconference to brainstorm ideas on specific topics and speakers to contact/encourage to submit a presentation abstract.
- April 26 to May 10: each working group member individually reviews and scores presentation abstracts for their program.
- May 13 to 17: working groups will teleconference to review scores and determine the program for this theme.
Sign up by March 26, 2019 to confirm your participation and select your conference theme.
“Bright Light” Awards Review Committee:
The task requires a total of 6-12 hours in July, specifically to individually review and score nominations followed by a group teleconference to determine the award winners. Sign up by March 26, 2019.
We will also need volunteers at the conference itself (e.g. at the registration desk). There may be other duties as we update our conference program but like other volunteers described above, onsite volunteers will receive discounted conference registration. Sign up today.
Registration Fees for Conference Working Groups:
- Conference working group members and presenters receive a $50 discount off their registration fee.
- We understand patients face additional financial and time pressures and do not want the registration fee to limit participation in a working group. Patients participating in full in a conference working group will be eligible for complimentary registration (to be determined once the working group task is complete).
AFHTO members still receive a 50% discount on conference registration fees.
Conference key dates:
- March 27, 2019: Applications for concurrent session and poster abstracts open
- April 24, 2019: Deadline to submit concurrent session and poster abstracts
- June 2019: Conference registration opens
- September 19 & 20, 2019: AFHTO 2019 Conference
For more information, you can contact us by phone (647-234-8605) or e-mail (email@example.com).