You can have an impact by joining a working group today. Come behind the scenes of our hybrid conference and be the first to learn about new developments in the field, influence conference programming, and discover the latest innovators in areas directly relevant to your work. Working group members also receive a discount off their registration fee.
Please extend this invitation to your patients, colleagues, and staff. Having diverse voices in the working groups, especially among patients, helps us build a varied and relevant program.
We’re setting up working groups for concurrent sessions, posters, and the Bright Lights Awards program. For this conference, we welcome speaker suggestions. The four conference themes will focus on:
- Using a population-based approach to provide care to the community
- Optimising teams’ capacity and creating efficiencies
- Organizing primary care to advance Ontario Health Teams
- Embedding mental health and home care in primary care
(Full list of sub-topics here)
Working Group Details
Concurrent program working group members:
The task requires a total of 4-10 hours of effort in May and June, specifically:
- April 25 to May 24: AFHTO staff will manage the call for proposals process.
- Week of May 15: working groups will have an initial Zoom session to brainstorm ideas on specific topics. Brainstorming on speakers to contact/encourage to submit a presentation abstract will also occur this week.
- May 26 to June 9: each working group member will individually review and score abstracts for their program.
- June 13 to 16: working groups will meet via Zoom to review scores and determine the program for this theme.
Sign up by May 2, 2023, to confirm your participation and select your preferred conference theme.
“Bright Light” Awards Review Committee:
The task requires a total of 6-12 hours in July and August, to individually review and score nominations. The review and scoring will be followed by a Zoom meeting to determine the award winners. Sign up by May 2, 2023
We may also need volunteers onsite during the conference itself. There may be other duties as we update our conference program. Onsite volunteers will also receive discounted conference registration. Sign up today.
Registration Fees for Conference Working Groups:
- Conference working group members and presenters receive a $40 discount off their registration fee
- We understand patients face additional financial and time pressures and do not want the registration fee to limit patient participation in a working group. Patients participating in full in a conference working group will be eligible for complimentary registration (to be determined once the working group task is complete).
AFHTO members still receive a significant discount on conference registration fees.
Conference key dates:*
- April 25, 2023- Call for abstracts
- May 24, 2023- Deadline for abstracts
- June 15, 2023 - Bright Lights nominations
- July 2023- Conference registration opens
- October 25, 2023- AFHTO 2023 Conference
*All dates subject to change, except the conference dates.
To our sponsors, the sponsorship prospectus is coming soon. For more information, you can contact us by phone (647-234-8605) or e-mail (email@example.com).