CMHN/MMAP Regional Meeting in St. Catharines at the Best Western Hotel & Conference Centre (2 North Service Road, St Catharines) on Friday, March 29, 2019 (8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.)
The Ontario College of Family Physician's CMHN and MMAP Networks link family physicians to mental health, addictions and pain Mentors in a collaborative relationship to support easy access to case-by-case support and ongoing continuing professional development regarding mental health, addictions and pain care.
Join the Regional Meeting that will help you care for patients with mental illness, opioid addiction and chronic pain. Learn about local community resources and practical applications to support you in the delivery of this complex care.
This conference is sponsored by the Ontario College of Family Physicians (OCFP) and made possible through funding from the Ontario Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care.
This full day session offers practical learning opportunities on challenging issues in primary care.
Session Topics Include:
- Office-based buprenorphine for patients with opioid dependence
- Medications for the treatment of alcohol use disorder (AUD) in primary care
- Cannabis for pain
- Non-pharmacological approaches to chronic non-cancer pain (CNCP)
- Management of concurrent opioid use disorder (OUD) and CNCP
- Adult attention deficit disorder (ADD)
After attending the one-day session, participants will be better able to:
- Describe primary care management of depression, post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and ADD
- Engage with network mentors regarding dilemmas in patient care
- Describe the risk and benefits of cannabis for chronic pain and mental health
- Understand the potential value of medication-assisted treatments for opioid and AUD, and learn how to prescribe them in the office