Tectonic shifts: rebuilding primary care in a new world
Before 2020, anyone with experience in Ontario’s healthcare system thought they knew what change meant. Whole system transformations with their related policy, system and practice implications were a matter of course, including the (still) recent introduction of Ontario Health Teams.
Now such changes seem almost a lifetime ago. COVID-19 has shifted our priorities with a focus on how to support our patients and our teams in new ways of delivering care.
Primary care has risen to the challenge, but the ground is still shifting, and the future is uncertain. Interprofessional teams need to cross newly opened chasms to ensure they continue to provide patients and communities the care they require, all while they renew team dynamics to strengthen the foundation on which patient care rests. In short, we need to rebuild primary care for this new world.
Registration is now open!
- Register an individual or team for the conference
- Early-bird registration closes October 1, 2020.
- Members receive a significant discount on registration. Concurrent session speakers and planning committee members are also eligible for additional discounts
- Find out more about registration fees and discounts
- Conference and registration FAQs
- Conference themes
See our schedule for current information on our detailed and varied conference program.
- Helen Bevan, Chief Transformation Officer, NHS Horizons
- Deputy Premier and Minister of Health Hon. Christine Elliott
- Dr. Jane Philpott, Dean of the Faculty of Health Sciences at Queen's University and Special Advisor for the Ontario Health Data Platform
- Matt Anderson, CEO, Ontario Health
Sponsorship and Exhibitor Opportunities
Increase your corporate visibility with leaders from primary care organizations across Ontario by sponsoring or exhibiting at the AFHTO 2020 Conference.
Conference key dates*:
- August 25 2020: Conference registration opens
- October 1, 2020: Early-bird registration ends
- October 8-9, 2020: AFHTO 2020 Conference
* The conference date is set but all other dates are subject to change as needed.
Future AFHTO Conferences:
For the forward planners, AFHTO’s conference dates for future years are listed below.
- October 5-6, 2021
- October 12-13, 2022