The North Renfrew Family Health Team, a comprehensive healthcare facility for patients in Northern Renfrew County, invites applications for a
Permanent Part time Social Worker 22 hours per week (0.55 FTE)
North Renfrew Family Health Team provides acute and episodic care, education and supportive services to 4,000 rostered patients. The Team consists of three doctors, two Nurse Practitioners, two dietitians, a pharmacist, and a social worker, as well as nursing and administrative support. The Social Worker position will provide clinical assessments, therapeutic support, individual/family/group counselling, physician/Nurse Practitioner support, referral and advocacy. System navigation and knowledge of community resources is also part of this position.
- Three to five years of social work experience
- Master’s in Social Work, preferred
- Membership of Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers (OCSWSSW)
- Membership in the Ontario Association of Social Workers (OASW) preferred
- Ability to work both independently and within an inter-disciplinary health team approach for service delivery
- Thorough knowledge of and proficiency in current assessment and short term psychosocial counselling techniques.
- Demonstrated excellent organization, communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with various software programs and electronic medical record (EMR)
If you are interested in joining our Family Health Team, please submit your resume to on or before Friday May 15th, at 4.30 p.m.:
Deep River and District Hospital Human Resources 117 Banting Drive Deep River, ON K0J 1P0 Or Fax 613-584-4920; Email firstname.lastname@example.orgWe thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted