Social Worker – Full Time PermanentThe North Simcoe Family Health Team (NSFHT) provides education, supportive and clinical services to children and adults in a primary care setting. This position will provide clinical assessments, therapeutic support, individual/family/group counseling, health teaching, physician support, referral and advocacy for patients. System navigation, knowledge of community resources and experience working with a diverse population is required. We strive to promote healthy living and prevention strategies by enhancing self-management and well-being practices. This position is unique in that it is divided between two focuses; Adult Mental Health and the Diabetes Education Program. The NSFHT offers a dynamic and supportive working environment and is currently seeking a Social Worker to provide services to our patients; qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications;
- A current Bachelor of Social Work (BSW) and registered in good standing with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers (OCSWSSW)
- The ability to conduct therapeutic counselling sessions and facilitate groups
- Excellent organizational and time management skills and the ability to self-direct
- Ability to work both independently and within an inter-disciplinary health team approach to service delivery
- Demonstrate in confidence an ability to problem solve and decision make
- Experience with various software programs and electronic medical record (EMR)
- Experience or interest in supporting patients with Diabetes considered an asset
- 3-5 years’ social work experience considered an asset
- Masters of Social Work (MSW) considered an asset
Qualified applicants should email a cover letter and resume to:
Tabatha Berriault, HR/Finance Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
No later than Friday April 4, 2014
For a full job description, visit our web site at www.nsfht.ca.
Thank you to all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.