4-3625 Rivergate Way
Ottawa ON K1V 2A4
The Rideau Family Health Team is an inter-disciplinary team committed to providing comprehensive and high-quality primary care to our patients in a caring and responsive environment. We are currently looking for a compassionate and experienced full-time social worker to fill our 18 month Maternity Leave Position. The Social Worker will work collaboratively with the physicians and inter-professional health care team by providing care for referred patients.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Is responsible for making clinical decisions and exercising judgement to ensure best possible care is provided within available resources;
- Effectively uses the Social Work standards of practice and the therapy process in assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating the care of the patient;
- Provides counselling services, about individual and family issues and decisions that impact the health of the patient and family. Works within the primary care model of brief therapy, ensuring seamless transition to community resources as appropriate;
- Has knowledge of the community and the resources available, particularly in the areas of crisis services, mental health, and long term care;
- Knowledge and skill in group work including cognitive behaviour therapy, acceptance and commitment therapy, chronic disease self-management and others;
- Participates in measurement of patient outcomes;
- Acts as an advocate for patients and their families in matters affecting health;
- Liaises with physicians and other team members as required; participates and collaborates with other Family Health Team members and health care providers in provision of patient care;
- Enthusiastic, passionate and self-driven; and
- Maintains confidentiality in the workplace and within the community.
- Masters of Social Work Degree;
- Registered with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers;
- 3 or more years’ experience preferred, particularly in a primary care setting;
- Experience in solution-focused brief therapy, cognitive behaviour therapy, acceptance and commitment therapy, group facilitation, motivational interviewing and mindfulness;
- Experience in youth, marital and family counselling also considered an asset;
- Able to collaborate with the other mental health professionals at RFHT to triage referrals;
- Able to be innovative and creative in order to develop strategies that successfully meet the needs of diverse patient, family, and provider population;
- Strong conflict resolution skills;
- Exceptional oral, written and presentation skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Group facilitations skills;
- Ability to work effectively with all members of the health care team; and
- Ability to prioritize, manage time effectively and be flexible in a very active work environment.
- Rideau Family Health Team: 4-3625 Rivergate Way, Ottawa, ON K1V 2A4
- Secondary Sites
- Lancaster Medical Clinic: 11-2450 Lancaster Road, Ottawa, ON K1B 5N3
- Riverside Court Medical Clinic: 5-3635 Rivergate Way, Ottawa, ON K1V 1Z9
The Rideau Family Health Team welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Candidates must apply directly through our human resource management system at https://rideaufht.bamboohr.com/jobs/. No other submissions will be reviewed. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.