1105 Kingston Road, Building E, Suite 200B
Pickering ON L1V 1B5
We are searching for an energetic individual who is enthusiastic about working in a community-based primary care setting. The Clinical Social Worker will be a key member of an interdisciplinary team of health care providers including Physicians, Nurses, Nurse Practitioners, Dietitian, Occupational Therapist and Pharmacist.
Working in collaboration with an interdisciplinary team, the Social Worker uses a solutions-based, brief counseling model to provide patient support. The Social Worker provides various types of interventions including individual and/or group counseling, health promotion, and system/care navigation. The Social Worker participates in the development and implementation of various programs.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Master’s Degree in Social Work (MSW) required
- Current certification with the Ontario College of Social Workers
- Minimum 5-7 years experience as a Social Worker; experience in primary care setting preferred
- Demonstrated experience with individual and group counseling including CBT, Mindfulness, motivational interviewing and other solutions-based approaches
- Excellent crisis intervention skills
- Knowledge of community resources and familiarity with community outreach
- Strong ability and interest in linking patients to community resources
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills (written/verbal), self-directed.
- Superior problem-solving and conflict resolution skills
- A strong team player with the ability to effectively collaborate with members of an interdisciplinary team to plan, implement and coordinate patient care
Roles and Responsibilities:
- The role and responsibilities of the Social Worker includes but are not limited to:
- Assessment: Assessment and diagnosis of psychosocial problems of patient population
- Treatment and Management: Individual and group counseling for all ages
- Case Management and System Navigation: assistance in navigating service delivery networks and facilitating linkages to appropriate services, supports and community resources.
- Design and Delivery of patient education programs – collaborate with other health care providers to design and develop patient psycho-education programs.
How to Apply
Interested qualified candidates are asked to submit a resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please see our website for more information about our family health team @ www.westdurhamfht.com
The WDFHT supports diversity equity and a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates, including women, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples, and persons with a disability.
We thank all applicants for their interest in the WDFHT however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians and Disabilities Act (AODA), the WDFHT will provide appropriate accommodations during the application, interview or recruitment stage upon request.