The Four Counties Family Health Team in Newbury is a small rural Family Health Team focusing on chronic disease management, preventative care and health promotion for our patients. We are currently looking to hire a social worker to join our multi-disciplinary healthcare team. Our team includes 3 physicians, an NP, RN, dietician, social worker, occupational therapist, pharmacist and foot care nurse. Social Worker – Part time (.5 FTE) 20 hours/week Primary Responsibilities:
- Provide psycho-social assessment of patients and counselling services for individuals, families and groups
- Provide and participate in the development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of treatment, education, counseling and health promotion programs and services
- Identify and support access to community, volunteer and professional services.
- Masters and/or Undergraduate degree in Social Work from a recognized university.
- Registered with OCSWSSW
- Three to five years experience as a Social Worker with patients and families in a health setting.
- Experience in program development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation.
- Experience working with youth would be an asset
- Proficiency in the use of computers and various software applications