Position: Registered Nurse – 1 Year Contract Hours of Work: Temporary, full-time 37.5 hours per week Reports to: Manager, FHT Posted: July 4th, 2016 Application Deadline: July 11th, 2016 Position Summary: The Registered Nurse is a collaborative team member of the Family Health Team in the provision of primary care services chronic disease prevention and management, and programs. The RN works within the scope of practice as per the College of Nurses of Ontario. Job Responsibilities:
- Triage incoming calls, assess patients’ health needs, discuss test results and educate patients about health promotion and disease prevention.
- Maintain accurate, concise and confidential Electronic Medical Record (EMR) documentation pertaining to patient history and encounter data.
- Perform clinical procedures, such as: suture removal, ear syringing, 24hour blood pressure hook-up, spirometry and administration of injections.
- Complete forms, such as: pre-operative, MTO physical and school immunization.
- Facilitate patient access to community services upon physician/health care team’s request.
- Communicate ideas and concerns to the health care team and participate in problem solving to enhance patient care.
- Assist in the training, mentorship, coaching and development of new staff.
- Maintain primary care service and program statistics and submit reports as requested.
- Participate in educational sessions as requested.
- Registered Nurse in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- 3 years working experience in a primary care setting is required.
- Ability to work collaboratively as a member of the FHT’s multi-disciplinary team.
- Excellent patient assessment and triaging skills.
- Knowledge of and working experience with computer systems and applications.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Teaching experience in a primary health setting.
- Knowledge of the complexities of an academic environment.
Please submit cover letter and resume to: Aleksandra Wyszkowska, Human Resources Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org by July 11th, 2016 at 5pm.