B12-350 Conestoga Blvd.
Cambridge ON N1R 7L7
Two Rivers Family Health Team (TRFHT) is seeking a full time (1.0 FTE) Registered Nurse (RN) Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE). The position is 5 days a week. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome interest from all qualified applicants.
TRFHT provides primary health care including chronic disease management, health promotion and disease prevention to a population of patients in the local community and surrounding area. TRFHT employs an interprofessional team of health care providers who work in a collaborative model of care.
TRFHT is looking for a dynamic Registered Nurse, with experience working with diabetes in a clinic or outpatient setting to work with 21 family physicians and other health care practitioners in the Diabetes Education Program.
As a member of the Diabetes Education Program, the RN CDE will provide health assessments and diabetes education for the prevention and management of diabetes are per current practice guidelines. The RN CDE will assist patients in creating goals for self-management and developing an effective individualized self-management education plan. Using research-based diabetes information and with the support of the team the RN CDE will facilitate both group programs and individual sessions. The RN CDE will collaborate and communicate with physicians to evaluate client progress and needs and will work with the team and also independently in providing holistic approach to client care.
- Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO) required
- Current Certified Diabetes Educator certification preferred
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience working in diabetes care and management
- Previous experience working as a CDE with demonstrated leadership, program planning and networking skills preferred
- Expertise using adult teaching and learning strategies in developing/delivering adult group education required
- Experience and proficiency with recommending adjustments to oral and injection medication used in the treatment of diabetes preferred
- Experience and proficiency with insulin dose adjustments for clients on insulin is preferred
- Experience with interpreting data from continuous glucose monitoring devices is preferred
- Excellent organization skills, with an ability to set priorities and work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Implement client centered insulin initiation and/or ongoing diabetes management as orders as authorized by referring/primary care practitioner
- Participate in planning, development, implementation, monitoring of diabetes education programs for individuals and client
- Highly effective decision making, problem solving and organization skills combined with interpersonal and communication skills both oral and written
- Be able to work collaboratively within an interdisciplinary health care team, but also be self-directed and able to work independently
- Demonstrate a high level of competency with computers and information technology
How to Apply
The TRFHT is an inclusive employer. If you require accommodation at any point in making an application for this position, please contact our office.
Qualified applicants can forward their cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
While we appreciate all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.