The Kingston Family Health Team (KFHT) is a multidisciplinary primary health care team providing services to 30,000 patients in Kingston and the surrounding area. The vision of the KFHT is to provide enhanced primary health care to more patients while at the same time supporting the well being of our health care providers and staff. The Team is currently recruiting for the following position(s): Registered Nurse Permanent Full Time (1.0 FTE) working 40 hours per week at the Centennial Site Location The Registered Nurse (RN) will provide primary care services to enrolled patients as part of an interdisciplinary team of primary care health professionals. The RN will be expected to function within her/his full scope of nursing practice while working within RN Medical Directives and under the supervision of a group of physicians. Duties Include:
- Acting as liaison between physicians and patients, providing health education to patients and their families, coordinating arrangements of referrals, testing and advising, preparation for tests and coordinating orders for medication from pharmacy to patients.
- Interviewing patients to obtain health data and provide continuity of care.
- Current unrestricted registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Proficiency in Windows, Microsoft office and Electronic Medical Records
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively as a member of an interdisciplinary team
- Primary care experience preferred