.5 FTE Registered DietitianThe London Family Health Team offers high quality primary health care for its patients in London Ontario. An interprofessional group of health care practitioners, including family physicians, provide health care in an integrated, respectful and holistic environment. The focus of the family health team is on chronic disease management and prevention as well as health promotion. By working collaboratively, the team is able to provide a broad spectrum of primary health care services to its patients to ensure they get the care they need when they need it. The London Family Health Team is currently seeking for a part time Registered Dietitian for 20 hours per week to work collaboratively with all members of our multidisciplinary team. You will be located at our main site on Beaverbrook Avenue in London and provide client centred, goal oriented assessment, teaching and counseling services to patients requiring assistance with nutritional management. The services of this dietitian are particularly important in the area of chronic disease management and prevention/health promotion. This position is under consideration for increased hours in the fall of 2014. Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Food and Nutrition or equivalent degree with an accredited dietetic internship or equivalent required, post-graduate education preferred
- A member in good standing with the College of Dietitians of Ontario, Dietitians of Canada
- Skilled in identifying nutrition problems, assessing nutritional status of patients, developing nutrition care plans and evaluating and monitoring the effectiveness of nutrition interventions
- Demonstrated experience in Diabetes Education an asset
- Previous experience managing chronic diseases through nutrition interventions
- Demonstrated computer literacy is required to facilitate the use of electronic medical records
- Demonstrated ability in problem solving using sound judgment and critical thinking
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively in a busy multidisciplinary team.
If interested, please forward a letter of interest and your resume by June 30, 2014 to:
Jayne Graham, Executive Director London Family Health Team 1261 Beaverbrook Avenue London, ON N6H 0G6 Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgThe London Family Health Team is committed to equity in employment and encourages applications from all qualified candidates who reflect the diversity of our community, including men and women aboriginal peoples, member of visible minorities and persons with disabilities. We seek to attract and retain individuals who will work together to create and sustain a vibrant, healthy, safe and caring community.