(Please quote competition 14.0557)The Humber River Family Health Team (HRFHT), a growing, multi-site FHT that provides collaborative, interdisciplinary, comprehensive primary health care to a rostered population of patients in the northwest Greater Toronto Area (GTA) with a range of complex healthcare needs and very diverse backgrounds. The FHT is committed to holistic, compassionate, patient-centred care emphasizing illness prevention, chronic disease management, harm reduction and health promotion The Receptionist/Clerical position is critical to the effective functioning of the Family Health Team. This position requires excellent administrative support skills, an ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment and strong interpersonal skills to work with patients and interdisciplinary health care providers. The person in this position will book appointments, greet patients, conduct telephone follow-up, and perform a variety of other clerical tasks to support the Executive Director and the Team. The hours of work will normally be a combination daytime and evening hours a minimum of 3 days a week. Some Saturday mornings and relief hours may be required. Roles and Responsibilities:
- Greet and register patients at the FHT.
- Answer a multi-line telephone system.
- Opening and closing of the clinic
- Manage booking/referral processes for the FHT using EMR
- Register patients for the After Hours Clinic
- Build and maintain FHT schedules.
- Process correspondence, draft replies, and process other routine tasks.
- Perform other duties as assigned in the interest of efficient operations of the FHT.
- Collection of data as required for statistical/reporting purposes.
- Completion of a Medical Secretary Course (medical terminology) is an asset.
- Proficiency in computer applications: Windows, Microsoft Office programs (especially Word and Excel), e-mail, and Internet.
- 40 WPM – testing will be required.
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and oral/written communication skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to adapt quickly to a fast paced, dynamic work environment.
- Proven participatory work style; ability to work independently and with a team.
- Ability to prioritize, manage time effectively and be flexible in a very active work environment.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Keen to take initiative when appropriate.
- Exercises good judgement.
- Ability to learn and work with electronic scheduling/booking system (Knowledge of OSCAR an asset)
- Medical or hospital office experience is an asset.
- Willingness to work flexible hours (some evening work or weekends may be required).
The successful candidate will work for the Humber River Family Health Team and will have no employment relationship with the Humber River Hospital. The Terms and conditions of employment will be decided by the Family Health Team. We thank applicants for their interest however we will only be contacting those selected for interview.