Quality Improvement Decision Support Specialist
Job Posting - Full Time
Summerville Family Health Team is seeking a full-time Quality Improvement Decision Support Specialist (QIDSS) to be shared among three Family Health Teams: Summerville and Credit Valley (Mississauga) and Prime Care (Milton). The QIDSS will support all 3 Family Health Teams to develop and implement their annual Quality Improvement Plans, lead site-specific Quality Improvement initiatives, and manage EMR data.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement annual Quality Improvement Plans (QIPS) for each Family Health Team, working closely with interdisciplinary teams and the Executive Director to identify priorities for each organization;
- Provide support in the development of annual operating plans, particularly with respect to program planning, indicators, measures, and evaluation;
- Lead and/or support specific quality improvement initiatives at each organization;
- Provide guidance and support to staff and physicians of the Family Health Teams, regarding the collection, interpretation, analysis and presentation of data to improve patient care and align with best practice;
- Provide support to the Quality Improvement Committee, including setting agendas, developing reports, taking notes, and providing follow-up;
- Act as a subject matter expert in data standardization and data quality; identify data quality issues and recommend corrective and preventative action;
- Improve data access, use, integrity and comparability;
- Support the development, implementation and understanding of regular reports such as Data to Decision;
- Regularly communicate with partnership members and share learnings from one FHT to another;
- Coordinate and communicate with other QIDSS and other provincial level staff on data management and quality improvement;
- Stay current with the latest quality improvement trends and tools in healthcare;
- Participate in MOHLTC, HQO, MHLHIN and AFHTO initiatives and training opportunities regarding data management and quality improvement.
- University degree in a related discipline (health administration and planning, health informatics, information management, health sciences, statistics, business administration) or equivalent experience and education;
- Demonstrated expertise in data quality and clinical information best practices;
- Experience in health sector data management and quality improvement initiatives;
- Understanding of primary care and interdisciplinary team based approaches to health care delivery;
- Sound knowledge of performance improvement methodologies and techniques;
- Demonstrated proficiency in quantitative analysis and report writing skills;
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel; Vision; SQL; Chart Runner; Crystal Reports and PowerPoint;
- Advanced knowledge in extracting data from EMR’s, preferably, Accuro;
- Ability to partner and work collaboratively as part of an interdisciplinary team;
- Valid Ontario driver’s license.
To apply for this vacancy please submit a resume with covering letter by email to email@example.com
The Summerville Family Health Team is a respectful, caring and inclusive workplace, committed to Employment Equity. We welcome diversity in the workplace, and encourage applications from all qualified individuals including women, members of visible minorities, aboriginal persons, and persons with disabilities. We will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. Applicants need to make their accommodation needs known when contacted.
While we thank all applicants, only those under consideration will be contacted for an interview. In Accordance with The Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Summerville Family Health Team will provide accommodation, accessible formats and communication supports for the interview upon request.