North Simcoe | Couchiching | Cottage Country | Georgian Bay
Family Health Teams
Quality Improvement Decision Support Specialist (QIDSS) 1 Year Contract Position (with potential for permanent)The North Simcoe Family Health Team (NSFHT) is the lead organization and seeking one shared quality improvement resource, QIDSS, to advance the impact of data and performance measurements within a primary care setting. To support this effort, the partnership requires a skilled QIDSS to work collaboratively with the inter-professional care teams within found family health teams. The QIDSS will assist the family health teams in moving forward with their use of data for reporting and to help guide clinical decision making which may include quality improvement initiatives, patient centered programs and services and other improvement activities.
As a key member of our team the QIDSS responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Responsible for supporting partner sites and shares their time equally between Midland, Collingwood, Orillia and Bracebridge;
- Review data quality, support teams in the implementation of data quality initiatives, improve the flow and use of information, develop queries and analytical products to support boards and leads in their quality improvement goals and teams engaged in clinical process change;
- Extract health information from one or more electronic medical records (EMRs) [Practice Solutions (3 locations) and Accuro (1 location)];
- Supports Quality improvement decision support capacity building;
- Improves data integrity and comparability;
- Improves data access and use;
- Develops effective working relationships and manages work independently.
The successful candidate will possess:
- University degree in a related discipline (Business Administration, Statistics, Health Sciences or Information Management) or equivalent education and experience (masters level preferred);
- Demonstrated expertise in data quality and clinical information management best practices; Knowledge of primary care and demonstrated interest in the use of data for quality improvement;
- Sound knowledge of performance improvement techniques and practices used in healthcare settings, process redesign and system implementation experience;
- Highly effective communication, presentation and interpersonal skills and a proven ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with partners;
- Demonstrated proficiency in quantitative analysis and report writing skills;
- Ability to handle a variety of concurrent assignments and to work independently;
- Valid Ontario driver's license.
Qualified applicants should email a cover letter and resume to: Tabatha Berriault, Director of Business Services at email@example.com.
No later than September 23, 2016
For a full job description, visit our web site at www.nsfht.ca.
Thank you to all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.