Arnprior and District Family Health Team
Part-time Psychologist (0.6 FTE)
Contract January 5, 2015- June, 2016The Arnprior and District Family Health Team (AFHT) provides primary health care, including chronic disease management, health promotion and disease prevention, to a rostered population of patients. The AFHT is seeking to fill the position of a part-time Psychologist. The Psychologist will play an integral role in the care of the patients of the AFHT by supporting patient care and the delivery of a shared care mental health program. The role includes both the provision of direct patient care as well as providing knowledge and expertise to other team members, assisting in the development of programs and development of linkages with other community mental health providers. Qualifications:
- PH.D. in clinical psychology from a CPA/APA accredited university
- Current registration with the College of Psychologists of Ontario (Psychologist in supervised practice are welcome to apply)
- Professional liability insurance
- Evaluation, diagnosis and assessment skills of mental health disorders of adults (experience with children and families an asset)
- Experience with Group and Individual psychotherapy (experience with child, marital and family therapy an asset)
- Experience working with complex mental health
- Advanced decision making, problem identification and problem solving skills
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Ability to work as part of a team in a rapidly changing environment
- Demonstrated clinical skills in assessment, individual and group therapy, program planning, implementation and evaluation.
- Work effectively, both independently and as part of an inter-disciplinary team.
- Proven flexibility and ability to adapt to change.
- Proficiency in: Windows, Microsoft Office, Email, Internet, Electronic Documentation.