Help achieve better quality and value of health care in Ontario. AFHTO’s Governance and Leadership Program is aimed at developing and strengthening the knowledge, skills, behaviours, policies, processes and tools required to govern and lead high performing primary care organizations -- organizations that are accountable to Ontarians for the value delivered for the public funding received. The Provincial Lead plays a critical role in delivering on this objective as it is responsible for leadership, mentoring and knowledge sharing to the governors and leaders of AFHTO member-organizations across the province. AFHTO members include family health teams (FHTs), nurse practitioner-led clinics (NPLCs) and others who provide interprofessional primary care. AFHTO works to support the implementation and growth of these teams by promoting best practices, sharing lessons learned, and advocating on behalf of all interprofessional primary care teams. Evidence and experience shows that team-based care is delivering better health and better value to patients. Reporting to AFHTO’s Executive Director, the role involves working with AFHTO members, AFHTO’s Quality Improvement Decision Support Program, the Ministry of Health and other partners to ensure interprofessional comprehensive primary care organizations are supported to succeed in governing, leading and managing their organizations. The ideal candidate must have:
- Solid leadership experience in a healthcare environment with strong preference given to those with a sound track record in governance and leadership of interprofessional primary care organizations.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a consultative model, with skills in group facilitation and adult education.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills, including use of communications technology.
- Degree in a relevant field. (Masters level preferred.)
- Passion for helping interprofessional primary care organizations and Ontario’s health system deliver the best value possible for the health of Ontarians.