Central Brampton Family Health Team Program Coordinator – Full Time Overview The Central Brampton FHT is currently seeking a passionate, innovative thinker to support and manage FHT programs and quality improvement initiatives. The Program Coordinator will be responsible for the development, planning and evaluation of clinical programs and services in collaboration with our Executive Director, implementation of operational processes and development of our Quality Improvement Plan (QIP). Central Brampton FHT is growing and expanding services in 2018-19. The Program Coordinator will be a critical position responsible for program management to support our interdisciplinary health care providers in program delivery and data tracking. The Program Coordinator role will report directly to the Executive Director.
- Supports the implementation and tracking of our clinical programs and activities while insuring that they meet respective professional and best-practice standards of care
- Collaborates with our interdisciplinary team to transform their insights into actionable programs and services
- Promotes awareness of the FHT services and programs to the patients of the FHT, nonaffiliated physician partners, and the local community
- Provides information and recommendations concerning clinical operations, risk management, and community and patient relations
- Communicates and collaborates with community health care organizations to promote the coordination and/or planning of local health care services
- Schedules and conducts quarterly program meetings with program team members and physician program leads.
- Participates as a member of the Quality Improvement Committee
- Develops key elements of the annual Quality Improvement Plan, tracks its implementation and reports deliverables annually
- Works in conjunction with FHT Quality Improvement Decision Support Specialist (QIDSS)
- Supports team members in the development and implementation of FHT programs
- Collects, compiles, analyzes and reports measurable data on clinic programs and services for quarterly evaluation and reporting to the Executive Director for Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care reports.
- Ensures that programs meet the requirements and standards identified in the Mandatory Health Programs and Services Guidelines as defined by the Ministry of Health and Long Team Care
- Assists in the developments and/or acquisition of appropriate resources and provides training when/as needed.
- Provides EMR (electronic medical records) and technology support including telecommunications and our website
- Organizes staff events
Education, Experience and Skills:
- Post-secondary Degree in a Science, Health or related discipline or business administration combined with experience supporting/leading Interdisciplinary teams
- 3-5 Years’ experience as a Program Coordinator in a health care setting
- Working experience in healthcare, project leadership, program development, implementation, management, and evaluation.
- Solid understanding of the Regulated Health Professional Act, relevant legislations and regulations set out by the various colleges of our interdisciplinary health providers
- Strong analytical skills
- Advanced skills working with excel
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong information technology skills an asset (hardware & software; design, development, troubleshooting, network configuration)
- Knowledge and adherence to Personal Health Information Privacy Act (PHIPA)
- Identify and cultivate linkages and partnerships with relevant community partners
- Participate in building creative supportive environments
- Represent the mission and values of the FHT in the community, including networks, meetings or presentations, as requested.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and access to a car
- Must be able to occasionally work outside of regular business hours and/or at different FHT locations
- On Call to fill staff absence, coverage for illness, vacation
- Other duties and projects as assigned
What we offer:
- Collegial and collaborative atmosphere with a commitment to employee and organizational development
- A commitment to open and respectful communication
Interested, qualified candidates should send their current resume and cover letter to Elvira Trichilo, Human Resource Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org The Central Brampton Family Health Team (CBFHT) supports diversity, equity and a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates, including women, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and disabled persons. CBFHT is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please advise our Human Resources Manager. Personal information contained in applications will be used for recruitment purposes and collected as per Freedom of Information (F.O.I.) and Protection of Privacy Act, 1987. We thank all applicants for expressing interest in this position; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.