PERMANENT FULL-TIME POSTIONStart Date: September 2014 Hours of Work: 35 hours per week Location: Cobourg, Ontario The Northumberland Family Health Team (21 physicians) is seeking a dynamic team player to join an innovative primary health care team. The Northumberland Family Health Team (NFHT) is a primary care organization based on a collaborative interdisciplinary model emphasizing health promotion and prevention and chronic disease management. You will work within the full scope of the RN (EC) class in a patient-centered model of care and provide clinical assessment and treatment of primary care patients and participate in chronic disease management programs and patient education. Requirements: Qualifications
- Baccalaureate or Masters in Nursing.
- Successful completion of post-graduate Primary Care Nurse Practitioner program.
- Current extended class registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Current membership with RNAO, including professional liability insurance program
- Basic CPR certification.
- Current Ontario Drivers’ License.
- Demonstrated experience in Community and/or Primary Care Setting.
- Demonstrated experience in the area of chronic disease management and prevention
- Ability to work independently and as part of a collaborative team
- Excellent oral, written skills and report writing in a clinical setting
- Proficiency in the use of computers and EMR systems