Position: Nurse Practitioner Type: Term (approximately 12 months) Expected start date: Sept 2, 2014 Posting date: April 23, 2014 Maple Family Health Team consists of 25 physicians in six clinics in Kingston. Nurse practitioners, registered nurses and other health care professionals work together with our physicians to provide our patients with effective, timely and efficient care. Position Description: The Nurse Practitioner sees patients of all ages to provide education and care for chronic disease as well as diagnose and treat episodic illness. The NP examines, interviews, educates and treats patients in keeping with Maple Family Health Team policies, procedures and values. Education and Training:
- Current registration (or eligible for registration) with CNO as a Nurse Practitioner – Primary Health Care (NP-PHC)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing (BScN)
- Graduate of a recognized Primary Health Care Nurse Practitioner program.
- Conduct examinations using an age/sex specific list of recommended preventative interventions and risk assessment
- Determine the need for, order, perform and review diagnostic tests
- Document observations, conversations, interventions and collaboration relating to patient care in the patent record
- Liaise with other team members to achieve preferable outcomes to the client
- Arrange for referrals as necessary
- Record activities and participate in evaluation of the quality and effectiveness of nursing practice, participate in quality of care activities to initiate positive changes in programs and care.