58A Anson Drive
Iroquois Falls ON P0K 1E0
This is an exciting position, located at the Iroquois Falls Family Health Team. The Nurse Practitioner is employed by and reports directly to Dr. Bruno-Petrina (our local physician). The NP functions within a dynamic multidisciplinary team of physicians, registered nurses, registered practical nurses, dietitian, social worker and administrative staff to provide primary care services to an under-served and culturally diverse community in Northeastern Ontario. The NP will provide direct medical care only to patients rostered to Dr. Bruno whose practice comprises of patients of all age groups with a variety of acute and chronic medical conditions.
The primary responsibility of the NP is to provide comprehensive direct patient care within his/her skill matrix as a central member of the team. The NP is authorized and competent to perform comprehensive assessment, diagnosis (including the ordering and interpretation of tests), intervention (including the prescribing of medications), management, referral, and evaluation of client care across the continuum of health care services. The NP will be required to help Dr. Bruno-Petrina with patient medication renewals, review of lab and consultation reports and will be required to cover for Dr Bruno-Petrina when she is away.
The Nurse Practitioner will work with our interdisciplinary team to provide episodic and chronic care services; as well as health promotion and disease prevention activities.
- Primary Health Care Nurse Practitioner Certificate
- Must hold a Registered Nurse Extended Class (EC) license through the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Member of RNAO and NPAO
- Highly competent with demonstrated experience making independent clinical decisions in the management of chronic conditions
- Very strong assessment, clinical management, health teaching and client management skills required
- Exceptional communication and problem solving skills and ability to work with minimal support
- Strong working knowledge of EMR systems & MS Office (Excel/Word/Outlook)
- French as a second language, relevant to our catchment area, is an asset
I offer competitive compensation with a projected full-time annual income of $140,000, however there is the possibility of working anywhere from 20 to 40 hours weekly, on site.
How to Apply
Please send CV by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: June 30, 2023
We thank all interested applicants. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.