Central Brampton Family Health Team Nurse Practitioner-RN (EC) Six Month Contract – full time or part time available The Central Brampton Family Health Team is looking to recruit a dedicated Nurse Practitioner to join our multidisciplinary team to cover a six month contract. The NP will provide a range of independent and collaborative advanced nursing services with a focus on the assessment and treatment of acute and chronic primary health conditions while working with our family physicians and inter-professional healthcare providers. Experience in current Chronic Disease Management and Geriatric programing are preferred. Main Responsibilities:
- Provide health promotion, disease prevention, chronic disease management, and geriatric care to patients
- Consult as appropriate, with members of an interdisciplinary team, the local hospital, medical clinics, community care system, attending and specialist physicians and the surrounding community to assess, plan, implement, evaluate and coordinate a patient’s plan of care and treatment
- Advocate, educate, lead, provide mentorship, and consult as needed
- Utilize medical directives where care falls outside the NPs scope of practice
- Increase access to enhanced assessment, diagnosis and treatment within the community and/or target population
We thank all applicants for expressing interest in this position; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.