|Job Title:||Nurse Practitioner – RN(EC)|
|Accountable To:||Executive Director|
- Perform individual assessment, diagnosis, treatment, health education/counseling and other clinical activities according to CNO standards of practice for RN (EC).
- Diagnosis and treatment of illness/injuries within full scope of practice for RN (EC).
- Prescribing medications.
- Participate in the development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of treatment, education, counseling and health promotion programs and services for individuals, families and in the community.
- Conduct chart documentation according to CNO, participate in chart reviews and case conferences and make referrals.
- Plan of care may include but is not limited to: initial assessment of new clients, monitoring patient’s chronic illnesses, patient education, individual and group counseling, appropriate referrals.
- Evaluation of care through follow-up.
- Ensures continuity of care by maintaining up-to-date clinical records, monitoring clients on a regular basis and case-conferences with other members of the health care team as required
- Maintains competence and knowledge relevant to current nursing practice and holds membership in appropriate professional organizations (College of Nurses of Ontario, Nurse Practitioners’ Association of Ontario).
- Ensures professional development by attending educational updates, conferences and workshops pertinent to the Nurse Practitioner role.
- Infection control program management, practice and reporting.
- Demonstrates clinical and professional leadership and mentoring for nursing staff and RN (EC) students.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as required.
- Nurse Practitioner Masters or Certificate
- Current registration in the Extended Class with the College of Nurses of Ontario required
- Member of the Nurse Practitioners Association of Ontario or related professional association
- Strong communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Experience with electronic medical records system is an asset
- Bilingual an asset