123 Third Avenue
Timmins ON P4N 1C6
The TAFHT has an immediate opening for the following position;
Mental Health Worker
Annual Salary: $67,174 - $74,148
The Mental Health Worker, as part of the interdisciplinary team, assists in the primary care functions and participates in the development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of programs and services of the Timmins Academic Family Health Team (TAFHT). This position is located in Timmins, ON, and the position works in the office on site.
- Provide individual counselling, client support and system navigation (for example: housing, financial support, employment, crisis intervention, community programs).
- Support various TAFHT programs and services, including, but not limited to: mental health, palliative care, grief counselling and memory clinic.
- Implement and discuss appropriate individualized care plan with the client/family care giver based on best practices, in collaboration with the primary care team.
- Evaluate achievement of client goals.
- Document using Electronic Medical Record while following TAFHT policies and the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice.
Education, Qualification and Skills
- Current registration, in good standing, as a Registered Nurse with the College of Nurses of Ontario with CNA certification in psychiatric and mental health, or Registered Psychotherapist.
- Registration, and in good standing, with your relevant college.
- Undergraduate or Master’s degree in Social Work or a relevant field preferred.
- Proficiencies in assessment, navigation, counselling, group facilitation and program development.
- Knowledge of outcome-based practices.
- Able to manage time, prioritize and work independently.
- Proficiency in the use of computer programs.
- Experience with the use of an Electronic Medical Record, Practice Solutions an asset.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Bilingualism French and English communication, spoken and written.
- Driver’s license.
- As a condition of employment, you are required to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination.
How to Apply
Qualified applicants are asked to forward their cover letter and resume to:
Attention: Mélanie Ciccone, Executive Director
We thank all applicants for their interest in TAFHT, however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
TAFHT supports diversity, equity and a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates, including women, visible minorities, aboriginal persons and persons with a disability. Personal information contained in applications will be used for recruitment purposes and collected as per Freedom of Information (F.O.I.) And Protection of Privacy Act, 1987.
TAFHT is committed to improving access and opportunities for individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you require a specific accommodation during the application, interview or recruitment stage, please contact our office at 705-267-1993, or by email at email@example.com noting Accessibility Inquiry in the subject line, in order for appropriate accommodations to be made.