1 Elizabeth Street, Suite L-1
Orangeville ON L9W 7N7
The Dufferin Area Family Health Team currently has an opportunity for a Mental Health Therapist (14 Month Contract – 37.5 hours per week) to join a compassionate, dynamic team dedicated to engaging and collaborating with patients facing stressful situations or mental health challenges for improved health and well-being. This position will be primarily located within Orangeville.
The Mental Health Therapist will:
Provide mental health counseling/therapy, in person and virtually, to support individuals (age 16 and older) with mild to moderate mental health concerns
Engage patients and assess emotional, interpersonal and/or behavioural concerns
Participate in a Single Session Clinic utilizing a brief therapy approach
Refer patients to appropriate community and regional resources
Assist in the development and facilitation of therapy groups and psycho-education workshops
Participate in case conferences to ensure streamlined referral and treatment
Collaborate effectively with physicians, psychiatrists and other team members in a shared care model
Demonstrate sensitivity to diversity, whether related to race, religion, culture, sexual orientation, and/or gender identity
- Master’s degree in Social Work or Psychology, with a minimum of 3+ years experience and recognized training in individual, family and group therapy
- Membership in good standing with regulated health college, i.e. OCSWSSW or CRPO
- Demonstrated experience in utilizing, evidence-based therapy approaches
- Experienced in suicidal risk assessment, crisis intervention, and verbal diffusion skills
- Valid Ontario Driver’s License, valid insurance, and access to a reliable vehicle.
Come join their team - as together they aim to provide quality health care in a great community!
How to Apply
If this opportunity interests you, please submit your resume by e-mail to Maureen Tegart (click here) by February 19, 2021