The Medical Secretary performs administrative tasks that support patient-centered care for the Family Health Team including physicians and Interdisciplinary health professionals (IHPs). The Medical Secretary will rotate between the “Call Centre” and waiting room Reception areas. As the first point of patient contact, this role assists patients in person or on the telephone to ensure that patient general enquiries, issues and questions are addressed. Skills, Knowledge Requirements
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal and oral/communication skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and impartiality
- Capacity to adapt quickly to a fast paced, dynamic work environment
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Proven participatory work style; ability to work independently and with a team (e.g. ability to work effectively with all members of the health care team.