Organization Description The Joint Venture Committee (JVC) is comprised of members of the Barrie Family Health Organization (FHO) and the Barrie & Community Family Health Team (BCFHT) who have joined together to create the Joint Venture Committee. The JVC is the group which oversees the IT department who supports team members of both the FHO and the FHT. Members include Physicians, Registered Nurses, Nurse Practitioners, Dietitians, Pharmacists, Diabetes and Respiratory Educators, Mental Health Counsellors and an Administrative team. The JVC is searching for an:
Full Time – 37.5 hours per week
Location – 125 Bell Farm Road, Barrie, ON
Salary Range: $70,000 to $80,000 per annum plus benefits
Reports to the Chair of the JVCPrimary Responsibilities
- To lead the IT Department in a manner that ensures the electronic medical record (EMR) functions in the most efficient, cost-effective and ethical way possible to meet the needs of Physician end-users, allied health care end-users, the BCFHT, and, patients.
- To continuously develop strategies for improving the operation of the network, hardware and software.
- To work closely with the IT Clinical Lead, end users, network provider(s) and software provider(s) to identify problems and find solutions.
- To provide diligent oversight of IT projects.
- To report regularly to the JVC, be responsive to concerns and requests expressed by JVC members and follow up with answers and solutions in a timely way.
- Financially prudent: must understand the importance of developing an adhering to an IT budget, must be able to anticipate and control cost overruns.
- Advanced IT training and experience with sophisticated networks, hardware installations and multi-user software.
- Management training and experience in a medium to large sized IT department.
- Experience in research and quality improvement activities would be an asset.
- A strong track record of success with corresponding references.
- Highly collaborative by nature with excellent interpersonal skills.
- The ability to simplify, explain and communicate effectively.
- Strong analytical skills, highly motivated and demonstrated integrity.