Summary:The Health Promoter, as part of the interdisciplinary team, assists in the primary care functions, provides research and analysis and has a key role in the development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of programs and services of the Blue Sky Family Health Team (Blue Sky FHT) for individuals, families and the North Bay community. The Health Promoter will work with medical and interdisciplinary health providers (IHP’s), individuals, and groups to facilitate effective implementation of health promotion, disease and injury prevention services and strategies that impact the health behaviors of Blue Sky FHT clients and practice community.
- Undergraduate or Masters Degree in health promotion field from a recognized University.
- Certified Exercise Physiologist (CEP) or Registered Kinesiologist (or willingness to obtain) with no limitations on license that could interfere with position duties.
- Three to five years experience in a health promoter role.
- Working knowledge of community development values, principles and the political process.
- Experience in program development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation.
- Training and experience in-group facilitation.
- Knowledge of English essential; knowledge of French a definite asset.
- Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle required.
- Proficiency in use of computers and electronic medical record (EMR) Practice Solutions.
- Knowledge and proficiency in current, evidenced-based methods and practices of primary care delivery, with an emphasis on health promotion and risk reduction.
Lori Mersereau and Cory Backer Blue Sky Family Health Team 685 Bloem Street North Bay ON P1B 4Z5
BSFHT is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce. If at any stage in the selection process you require an accommodation due to a disability, please let us know the nature of the required accommodation. While we thank all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be acknowledged.