The Sunset Country Family Health Team (SCFHT) is a locally supported primary health care service delivery organization. The team includes family physicians and a wide range of other health care professionals working together to provide comprehensive, accessible and coordinated primary care. Our Vision is: “Inspiring a healthier community together”.
Executive DirectorFollowing the decision of the current ED to retire from this role in late 2016, the Sunset Country Family Health Team is seeking to recruit a highly motivated, team-orientated professional with a passion and commitment to the Family Health Team model of primary care. As Executive Director, you are accountable to the Board of Directors and responsible for managing and directing the operations, programs and activities of the SCFHT. You will foster and establish positive relationships with physicians, funders and other stakeholders and maintain strong community relationships. The Executive Director will lead a group of inter-professional care givers and the supporting administrative team members in meeting the needs of our patients and community. The Executive Director will advise on and manage resources and key issues, develop, implement and maintain policies, oversee the delivery of services and engage in program planning and evaluation. The successful candidate will support and contribute to the development of strategic directions for the organization, coordinate, oversee and report on the achievement of strategic goals, objectives and performance measures within allocated resources. The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated and respected health professional with excellent administrative and clinical skills. Additional competencies will include a successful record of accomplishment in organizational and program management, service delivery, strong academic and clinical credentials, outstanding interpersonal skills, and the ability to work with a highly motivated and competent multi-disciplinary team of professional staff and physicians. You are a strategic thinker and relationship-builder who fosters collaboration at all levels within the organization and, with the various stakeholders who have impact on primary care to ensure that issues are discussed and ideas are listened to prior to decisions being made. You promote and model the FHT’s beliefs and values of Integrity, Caring and Respect, Teamwork and Collaboration, Innovation and Continuous Quality Improvement. Qualifications and other considerations Education & Experience:
- Graduate of a recognized College or University in a relevant discipline with at least 5 years management experience in a health care environment.
- Demonstrated senior management experience working in the health care sector and a board reporting relationship.
- Experience with and ability to lead and work as a member of an inter-disciplinary/inter-professional team
- Have a solid understanding of the environment in which inter-professional primary care organizations operate and what is needed to improve and deliver high-quality comprehensive primary care
- Computer competency in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Excellent leadership, organization and evaluation skills
- Exercises sound judgement in operational planning and management
- Exhibits strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Effectively communicates with staff, Board, physicians and community partners
- Knowledge of and competence in current, evidence-based methods and practices of primary health care delivery
- Experience in financial management and related reporting
- Knowledge of and experience with organizational development and human resource management
- Demonstrated experience in building effective relationships with community partners and stakeholders
August 26, 2016Those interested in an exciting and challenging career with the Sunset Country Family Health Team are invited to forward a completed resume with references and covering letter by email to: www.scfht.ca Location Sunset Country Family Health Team is located in the City of Kenora on beautiful Lake of the Woods – “a great place to live and play”! For more information visit – www.kenora.ca Address is: Sunset Country FHT 1-35 Wolsley Street Kenora ON P9N0H7 We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those candidates qualifying for an interview will be contacted.