Executive Director An excellent opportunity awaits you to combine your leadership, vision and passion for primary health care in Prince Edward County. The Prince Edward Family Health Team (PEFHT) is a dynamic group of health professionals focused on delivering primary health care through the collaborative efforts of family physicians and allied health professionals. Located in beautiful Prince Edward County, live and work in a community offering the best in rural living: 800 km of spectacular shoreline, fresh air,family farms, artists' studios, unique regional cuisine and a growing wine industry make “the County” a location of choice. The PEFHT is 10 years in operation and provides a single point of access to health care services for all County residents. Our interdisciplinary care teams offer comprehensive patient-centred, primary health care including disease diagnosis, treatment and management, prevention and cure, rehabilitation, palliative care and community health promotion. The remarkably low employee turnover serves as a testament to the quality of the working environment and the collegiality and collaborative partnerships among the physicians and other health professionals with the Team. Position Summary: As the senior full time officer of the PEFHT, the Executive Director (ED) is responsible on behalf of its Members (family physicians) for the overall leadership and management of the PEFHT. Duties and responsibilities include strategic leadership, maintaining external relationsips, team building and other management responsibilities. The ED is accountable to the Members through the Board of the PEFHT. Qualifications and Requirements
- Masters level degree in health or public administration or a combination of an undergraduate degree with significant leadership experience.
- An innovator who can convert ideas into action and can effectively manage change in response to healthcare system transformation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Superior organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively as a leader and a member of a multidisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated sound judgment and problem solving ability.