Executive Director/ IT Manager – West Carleton FHT (Carp)
April 30, 2018
West Carleton Family Health Team
Job Title: Executive Director/ IT Manager
The West Carleton Family Health Team (WCFHT) provides primary care to approximately 20,000 patients in Carp, Ontario and surrounding area. The WCFHT in association with the The Family Health Organization (FHO), field a combined staff of 12 primary care physicians and 50 support staff including Clerical, Nursing, Social Workers, Psychologist, Health Promoter, Dietician, pharmacist, Physician Assistant and IT support,
The Executive Director is responsible to the West Carleton Family Health Team (WCFHT) Board of Directors to advise on matters of policy and risk, quality monitoring, evaluation and human resources associated with the WCFHT. The ED is responsible for all IT and Data Management systems and processes at the FHT/FHO. He/she develops, manages and maintains the FHT budget. Working with the Board he/she develops strategic plans and acts as a liaison with the community, Champlain Local Health Integration Network (LHIN, the Ministry of Health and Long Term Care (MoHLTC) and local Health Services organizations. The Executive Director develops, administers and directs the daily operations of the Family Health Team to facilitate the effective collaboration of Physicians and Allied Health Professionals (AHPs) in the care of their patients.
The successful candidate will possess skills in both administrative and technical domains.
- Master’s degree in a related field [management, healthcare, human resources, IT]
- 5 years of progressive management experience
- Certification in IT or data management is highly desired
Experience Requirements and Responsibilities
1. IT and Data Management Support:
- Programming skills specifically for the creation of internal web pages, custom applications, DB queries and scripting. This may include SQL, html, asp, php
- Experience supporting a Windows environment within a Domain is mandatory
- Basic networking knowledge including LANs, WANs, Routers, Switches, etc is required
- Experience building reports in “Crystal Reports”.
- SQL skills are required for data extraction from our SQL database.
- Patient Health Portal: oversee the operation and ongoing development
- Electronic Medical Record: will attain an in-depth working knowledge of all features and related processes, act as a liaison with the vendor to identify, document and remedy software bugs that may arise.
- Security: ensure that reasonable practices are in place to maintain data privacy and security.
2. Board of Directors
- Working collaboratively with a Board of Directors
- Familiarity with governance, board structures and processes
- Development of Board By-Laws
- Strategic planning
- Risk Management
- Quality Management
3. Compliance with legislation and policy requirements:
- identify and understand relevant regulations, requirements, policies and legislation that pertain to the WCFHT and ensure compliance
- ensure that operational policies and procedures are in place to respond to the requirements identified in previous point
- remaining up-to-date on applicable employment standards and responsible for working with the WCFHT Health & Safety committee to maintain workplace health and safety
- Privacy Officer
4. Operational Management:
- develop, implement and monitor an organizational design that enables the organization to achieve its mission, mandate and strategic directions
- develop an annual operational management plan and ensure that all operational policies and procedures manuals are complete and up-to-date and that all staff have proper orientation and training in this area
5. Program management:
- ensure that programs and services reflect the mission and values of the organization
- define goals and objectives for the programs of the organization, and facilitate the successful completion of goals and objectives to ensure success
- evaluate programs regularly to ensure that they meet quality standards of the organization
- oversee the development and maintenance of process-flow charts for key work-flows within the FHT/FHO
- work in a collegial relationship with the Champlain LHIN, health systems and community groups/agencies, including community care providers, Public Health units and other Family Health Teams regarding the effective planning and integration of local and regional health care services.
6. Financial Management
- responsible for the setting and management of the budget
- leads in expenditure control as planned
- reporting to the MOHLTC as required
- liaises with financial support staff
- Supports the annual external audit process.
To apply, please submit your resume with a cover letter that describes your qualifications and interest in the position by 4 pm May 11th, 2018 to email@example.com