Harrow, ONOur vision: The citizens of Harrow will have access to the highest quality primary health care in a timely manner from an integrated team of health care providers in a welcoming, caring environment. The community governed Harrow Health Centre Inc., a base-funded Family Health Team model, is recruiting a collaborative, creative, service-focused, visionary leader to lead an integrated primary health care service for Harrow. Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director position is central to the successful operation of the inter-professional team of providers who provide a comprehensive range of health services in a patient-centered holistic environment. The ED is accountable to the HHC Board of Directors, and works collaboratively with the Clinical Director for the efficient and effective management of the day-to-day operations of the HHC including the following broad areas of responsibility: recruiting and hiring staff; ensuring the development and implementation of a sound financial management plan including budgeting and reporting; ensuring strict compliance and reporting with the Ministry of Health & Long Term Care (MOHLTC); developing, implementing and maintaining effective internal control and due diligence processes to manage risk; building collaborative working relationships with external organizations; and acting as the Privacy Officer / Health Information Custodian. Qualifications
- A minimum of an undergraduate degree.
- Three to five years of management experience in operations or finance, preferably within the medical sector with an agency or organization that deals with the MOHTLC, a Local Health Integrated Network, or community organization, with demonstrated progressive responsibility.
- Experience working directly with a Board of Directors.
- Exceptional interpersonal, liaison and communication skills.
- Knowledge of accounting practices, finance and budgeting.
- Knowledge of MOLTHC funding process and functions.
- Demonstrates an understanding of how to develop and interpret budgets and exercise fiscal responsibility in the allocation of budget.
- Demonstrates a sound knowledge of the policies, legislation and practices that govern the Family Health Team models.
- Knowledge of payroll processes.
- Knowledge and proficiency in current, evidenced-based methods and practices of primary care delivery, with an emphasis on health promotion and risk reduction.
- Superior leadership, organization, research, evaluation, time management skills.
- Knowledge and direct experience with: facilities planning, policy development; strategic planning; and human resources management.
- Proven ability to lead, encourage and motivate staff in a team environment.
- Exceptional patient focus.
- Demonstrates the ability to translate strategy into realistic and achievable implementation plans.
- Demonstrates strong coaching and mentorship skills; actively supports and invests the time and energy to develop others.
- Demonstrates a strong understanding of current and emerging community needs.
- Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely, transparent, and in the best interests of the organization.
- Demonstrates a solid understanding of employers’ obligations and fundamental knowledge of all aspects of HR legislation and practices.
- Demonstrates honesty, integrity, accountability and appropriate transparency in all situations.
- Conducts oneself in a manner that upholds the values and reputation of the HHC.
- Is thorough and diligent in pursuing and recruiting employees and contractors in a fair and transparent manner.
- Demonstrates sensitivity to diversity in the workplace, values and embraces all backgrounds.
- Strong technology skills including: proficiency in the use of the computer hardware and software, particularly Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, web maintenance and social media.
- Prior experience and knowledge of electronic medical record.
- Commitment to life-long learning.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Exhibit an ability to be open and non-judgmental.
- Knowledge of the goals and structure of the organization, the policies and procedures and the programs.
- Must be able to travel and hold a valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to work outside regular business hours
Annette Demers, Chair, HR Committee
Board of Directors, HHC.
by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Committed to equity in employment.
We thank all applicants for their interest.
Only those selected for consideration will be contacted.
This advertisement may be found online at: http://harrowhc.wordpress.com