Events and Administrative Assistant – AFHTO (Toronto)
June 26, 2018
Events and Administrative Assistant
If you care about Ontario’s health care system and would like to be part of an association that supports its members in their mission to deliver optimal interprofessional primary care, then we would like to hear from you. We are looking for a full-time Events and Administrative Assistant to join our small team.
The Association of Family Health Teams of Ontario (AFHTO) is a not-for-profit association representing Ontario’s primary care teams, which include Family Health Teams (FHTs), Nurse Practitioner-Led Clinics (NPLCs) and others who provide interprofessional comprehensive primary care. To learn more about AFHTO visit: www.afhto.ca.
AFHTO works to support the implementation and growth of primary care teams by promoting best practices, sharing lessons learned, and advocating on behalf of all primary care teams. Evidence and experience shows that team-based comprehensive primary care is delivering better health and better value to patients.
The Programs You Will Support
AFHTO’s Membership Engagement Program engages with members and potential members to ensure that the association continues to reflect their aspirations, respond to their priorities and leverage their collective knowledge and capacity for the benefit of all members. Operations is the key support for human resources, financial and other corporate services enabling the association to deliver services to its members.
In this role the candidate will assist the Membership and Communications Manager in the planning, delivery and evaluation of the annual AFHTO Conference. The candidate will also be expected to assist with various communications-related projects as required. As well, the candidate will provide operational and project support to the Manager of Finance and Corporate Affairs.
This position will appeal to someone who:
- Is highly organized with a good eye for detail and accuracy.
- Is flexible, self-directed and has superior time management skills to be able to meet tight deadlines.
- Possesses diplomacy to deal effectively with members, health system stakeholders and external service providers, regardless of their level of seniority in their organizations.
- Maintains confidentiality.
- Is an excellent communicator and collaborates effectively in a small team.
AFHTO Annual Conference
- Respond to general inquiries as required.
- Ensure special guests and speakers are properly registered for the conference.
- Coordinate Concurrent Sessions including presenters, room assignments, A/V set-up & troubleshooting, and posting of presentation materials on AFHTO website.
- Coordinate the production of conference materials (print and online).
- Collect documentation needed for delegates to receive relevant education credits; prepare and send record of attendance to each qualified delegate.
- Must be willing and able to lift heavy boxes and other materials as needed for conference set-up and take-down.
- Implement conference evaluation from start to finish (collect responses and provide reports to conference organizers and presenters on feedback received).
- Other duties as needed.
- Assist in implementation of updates to AFHTO website, in particular document review and categorization, updating content and composing new content.
- Support AFHTO contact management activities e.g. with Constant Contact.
- Assist with managing social media, specifically Twitter and Facebook
- Assist in communications projects as required.
- Provide back-up for Manager, Membership and Communications
- Other duties as needed.
- Research support for a wide range of areas such as legislation updates and resources.
- Assist in meeting planning, logistics, sourcing venues and vendors.
- Database management of AFHTO committees and working groups, stakeholders, vendors and suppliers.
- Prepare invoices for payment and filing.
- Manage inventory, order office supplies and be creative in re-organizing the office.
- Receive mail, courier packages and welcome guests.
- Project assistance as needed.
- Post-secondary education/training in event coordination, project management, communications.
- Prior experience working as an Events and/or Administrative Assistant in the non-profit and/or health care sector; OR
- Relevant experience that demonstrates capacity to fulfill job accountabilities.
Strong skills in the following areas are essential:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, i.e. in particular Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint. Must have exceptionally strong skills in using spreadsheets to coordinate and track over 100 speakers and 900 delegates. Proficiency in using mail-merge function in Word and Outlook.
- Must have exceptional organization and data management skills required to manage multiple tasks, contact lists, track responses and prepare summary reports.
- Must have basic WordPress skills to post, update and manage content on the AFHTO website.
- Customer service and interpersonal skills, including the proven ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Familiarity with GoToMeeting and GoToWebinar services.
- Excellent judgement in setting priorities.
- Excellent time management and the ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Familiarity with Ontario’s Health System.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
Contribute to the positive image of the organization
- Maintain a positive job attitude and working relationships with people inside and outside the organization.
- Demonstrate willingness to assist others in a team-oriented environment.
- Uphold AFHTO policies and procedures.
- Use the most effective and efficient method to fulfill job responsibilities and continue to improve the quality of same.
Interested applicants should email a cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before Friday July 6, 2018 at 5:00 p.m.
We thank all applicants in advance however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
The Association of Family Health Teams of Ontario is an equal opportunity employer.