2695 North Sheridan Way
Mississauga ON L5K2N6
We are currently recruiting for a Clinical Team Supervisor
Employment: Full-time permanent
Schedule: Days (occasional evenings and weekends may be required)
Location: CarePoint Health – 2695 North Sheridan Way, Suite 120, Mississauga, ON
Starting Date: October 2020
Who we are?
CarePoint Health is a new inter-professional care team of physicians and allied health professionals that aims to improve the health and wellness of the South West Mississauga and East Mississauga communities. The team will deliver advanced inter-professional care to patients holistically by focusing on both medical concerns and needs related to the social determinants of health. CarePoint Health will provide all patients of affiliated physicians who would benefit from team based care, the opportunity to receive the best possible care to produce optimal health outcomes.
CarePoint Health builds on the philosophy of the Patient’s Medical Home, where the patients receive the care they need throughout their life. CarePoint Health will support patients by connecting them to a coordinated, comprehensive team of health care professionals upon whom they can rely and work with to achieve their personal health goals. The goal is to achieve the Quadruple Aim of increased patient satisfaction, improving population health, reduced health care costs and improving provider work life.
The vision of CarePoint Health is to create an inter-professional primary care (IPC) team that is committed to:
- Providing equitable, access to seamless inter-professional care teams for patients with complex needs;
- Enabling effective partnerships with and between patients, families, primary care providers, social service agencies, and the community at large;
- Utilizing a single electronic medical record, openly and transparently to share health information within a patient’s circle of care (including patients and caregivers) to simplify a seamless approach to care;
- Incorporating research and innovation in health system design and service delivery;
- Providing access to digital health platforms such as e-visits, e-consults and shared electronic medical record;
- Targeting population health needs within the communities served focusing on populations such as mental health and addictions, seniors, immigrant health, and palliative care;
- Providing immersion programs and flexible specialist touchdown space to promote shared care between family physicians and specialists;
- Including the patient voice through a Patient Advisory Council;
- Supporting networking and continuing medical education opportunities for health care professionals;
- Creating a community of primary care practitioners;
- Improving health care capacity through a team-based accessible approach to care.
What is this role?
The Clinical Team Supervisor plays an important role within CarePoint Health’s operations. The Clinical Team Supervisor collaborates closely with the Executive Director, Clinical Director, and Clinical Lead in the delivery of CarePoint Health’s clinical programs and services. The Supervisor will manage CarePoint Health’s clinical staff and represents the Executive Director with regards to the day-to-day management of CarePoint Health’s clinical team.
The candidate should be an enthusiastic and motivated professional seeking to contribute to the development, implementation and evaluation of various programs and services as well as participate fully in the delivery of comprehensive primary care.
Reporting to the Executive Director your key responsibilities would include:
- Assumes a significant role in the daily management of the clinical operations including overseeing the training, scheduling, and supervision, and delegation of tasks for clinical staff.
- Working with the Clinical Lead and Clinical Director, provides effective leadership to the clinical staff in the successful delivery of programs and services
- Ensures patient and employee safety
- Monitors and updates the Executive Director on all aspects of daily operations (e.g. quality monitoring, clinical program delivery, human resources, performance evaluation, professional development)
- Ensures compliance within accepted business and human resources practices and standards
- Fosters collaborative team practice and effectively manages conflict
- Successfully manages human resources issues
- Fosters team building, program development, and improvement activities
- Ensures that all staff embrace outstanding client service as a priority
- Maintains current knowledge of policy and procedures
- Supports the implementation of the goals, objectives and operational and strategic plans approved by the Executive Director, Clinical Director and/or the Board of Directors
- Provides leadership and mentorship to staff as required
Programs and Services
- Supports clinical programs through the active development of team-based, patient-centered practices that meet professional and best-practice standards of care
- Working with the Health Educator, oversees the development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of programs
- Promotes awareness of the CarePoint Health’s services and programs to the patients of CarePoint Health and the community
- Provides information and recommendations concerning clinical operations, risk management, and community and patient relations
- Communicates with related health care organizations to promote the coordination and/or planning of local health care services
- Collaborates with leadership to establish best practice clinical standards
- Effectively oversees the development and implementation of the quality assurance/ improvement programs
- Improves quality outcomes by studying, evaluating, and re-designing processes and implementing changes
Provision of Clinical Care
Assist in the clinic in urgent circumstances within scope of practice.
- Collects data as required for statistical/reporting purposes
- Provides timely and informative reports as directed and requested by the Executive Director and/or Clinical Director
- Liaise with Health Educator in facilitating appropriate in-house and external education sessions
- Performs other associated duties as required
- Regulated healthcare professional with 5+ years of clinical experience
- 5+ years of experience in a supervision/management role
- Knowledge and proficiency in current, evidenced-based methods and practices of primary care delivery, with an emphasis on health promotion and risk reduction
- Ability to work collaboratively within a multidisciplinary team
- Self-directed and highly motivated
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Previous experience with an electronic medical record (EMR) program
- Demonstrate excellent critical thinking, decision making and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrate satisfactory work performance and attendance history
- Competent skill sets in advocating on behalf of clients, interdisciplinary team collaboration, group facilitation support, consultation with professional colleagues and caregivers/families
- Enthusiastic and passionate
- Experienced working with at-risk/vulnerable population
- BCLS certification required; training may be available
- A satisfactory and current Criminal Background and Vulnerable Sector Screening and proof of immunization required
- Be able to maintain confidentiality in the work place and within the community.
Are you ready to join an extraordinary team and do the best work of your life?
CarePoint Health offers employees an excellent benefits package and pension plan (HOOPP). Compensation for the role will be aligned with candidate’s skills and experience and within the budget of CPH.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit a cover letter and resume via email to:
Andria Matthew, Human Resources
Please note, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
CPH is a respectful, caring and inclusive workplace, committed to Employment Equity. We welcome diversity in the workplace, and encourage applications from all qualified individuals including women, members of visible minorities, aboriginal persons, and persons with disabilities. We will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. Applicants need to make their accommodation needs known when contacted.