FULL TIME - PERMANENTThe Thamesview Family Health Team (FHT) provides primary health care, including chronic disease management and health promotion and disease prevention to a rostered population of patients in the Chatham-Kent region. The FHT utilizes an interdisciplinary team of health care professionals who work in a collaborative model of care. The Chiropodist will play an integral role in the care of the patients of the Thamesview Family Health Team. The Chiropodist will assist the FHT in achieving its vision and mission. The Chiropodist will support patient care and the delivery of programs including chronic disease and geriatric care, by focusing on the delivery of effective foot care. Qualifications and Requirements:
- B.Sc and licensing/registration by the College of Chiropodists of Ontario. Minimum one year of demonstrated clinical experience in a community setting is required.
- Additional training or knowledge in the areas of chronic disease management (in particular, diabetes) and geriatrics is considered an asset.
- Demonstrated clinical skills in assessment, program planning, implementation and evaluation.
- Work effectively, both independently and as part of an inter-disciplinary team.
- Proven flexibility and ability to adapt to change.
- Computer skills.