Suite 100-186 Erie Street
Collingwood ON L9Y 4T3
Start Date: Summer 2019
The Georgian Bay FHT is seeking a Registered Dietitian or a Registered Nurse, with a current Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE) qualification, and a passion for patient education and chronic disease management.
You would join the Georgian Bay FHT of 3 RN’s and 2 RD’s, who together ensure that patients of the 50 area physicians receive optimum diabetes care. In concert they provide group, and one on one education for adults with Type 1, Type 2, pre diabetes and diabetes in pregnancy, to promote patient self-management toward achieving optimal blood glucose control, and avoidance of complications associated with diabetes.
The Georgian Bay Family Health Team provides a host of primary care services including; Mental Health counseling, HTN management, COPD management, Smoking Cessation services, Occupational Therapy, Health Promotion and activity programs, Ontario Telemedicine Network (OTN), and Nutritional counseling.
They are a collegial team working in a professional environment where they use an up-to-date electronic medical records system (EMR) and have the opportunity for ongoing training and professional development.
This role will require:
- Demonstrated commitment and practical application of the Canadian Diabetes Association Clinical Practice Guidelines 2018.
- Independent practice in diabetes management and the ability to provide specialized assessment and recommendations for diabetes management to referring GP’s.
- Canadian Diabetes Education (CDE) Certification
- Current registration with Ontario College of Dietitians or;
- Current registration with College of Nurses (Canada, CNO)
- A background working in a community and/or primary care setting required
- Understanding in the area of chronic disease management and prevention required
- Experience working with T1 and insulin pumps preferable
- Skilled in facilitating groups, team skills and effective communication.
- Positive outlook and a willingness to “pitch in”
- Computer literate, and Mac experience helpful.
Please send a cover letter that highlights your experience, along with your resume to email@example.com