Coaching Health Self-Management
October 22, 2011
2011 AFHTO conference presentation
PRESENTER (S): Durhane Wong-Rieger, PhD
FHT/ORG: Institute for Optimizing Health Outcomes
ABSTRACT: This workshop provides an introduction to Health Coaching for Patient Self-Management. Case studies and brief demonstrations/role plays will be used.
After participating in this program, participants will be able to:
- Define the role of self-management in promoting treatment adherence and health behaviour change
- Identify the knowledge and skills patients learn as self-managers
- Know five-stage model of health coaching and concepts that support self-management
- Know principles of motivational interviewing and stages of change
- Identify the roles of healthcare professionals in facilitating patient self- management
Click here to view presentation.