Family Health Teams are a unique innovation in primary care – there is so much for all of us to learn and to celebrate. Whether you have been a FHT for 5 years or 5 months, you have valuable experiences to share with other FHTs. We invite FHTs to submit abstracts for workshops, oral presentations, or posters you would like to present to your peers on Day 2 of the conference, October 26, 2011.
The 2011 Conference starts at noon Tuesday, October 25 and ends at 4:00 PM Wednesday, October 26 at the Westin Prince Hotel, 900 York Mills Road, Toronto. Day 1 is focused on FHT leadership – the skills, tools, policy challenges and action planning needed to strengthen leadership within FHTs – followed by AFHTO’s Annual General Meeting and board elections at 4:30 and a celebration dinner at 6:30. Day 2 focuses on innovation and best practice – featuring keynote presentations, concurrent workshops and posters and displays on key themes (see below).
Abstracts for Day 2 should be focused on one or more of the following key themes:
1. Achieving Patient Access: Quality and Targets
2. Implementing Health Promotion and Chronic Disease Management
3. Building Team Collaboration
4. Optimizing EMR/Information Technology
5. Reducing Hospitalizations
6. Planning, Measuring and Governing for Quality Improvement
7. Building Community Linkages and Partnerships
To submit an abstract for a workshop, oral presentation, or poster you would like to deliver on Day 2, October 26, please click here.
Fees are as follows: